Advice, please, for the pre-pharmer who's just been accepted?

• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

cleary

10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Would any PharmD students or pharmacists out there share your advice to the the pre-pharm student who just received her acceptance letter? Primarily, I wonder what I should do with myself between now and the fall. Is there anything I could do now to help myself as a future PharmD student/pharmacist?

I finished my pre-reqs in December and I have a full time job, so I'll be working from now until mid-August. I do plan to save as much of my income as possible!

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Save money, have fun, and try not to think about school. You have four tough years ahead so enjoy the last few months of freedom! :D

About the Ads

KUMoose

Grumpy old man
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 3, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
If you aren't working in a pharmacy, start working on memorizing the top 100 just to get that out of the way.

Enjoy the summer.

Buy one reasonably priced toy that you've wanted and save the rest of your money.

Throw away your TV (or don't hook it up to cable).

firefighter9015

It's not THAT kind of study hour...
10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Start working on your alcohol tolerance level.

Ditto.
Have fun this summer. Don't worry about studying or memorizing. Buy yourself some new clothes before you start living off of student loans.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.