Who's still around?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm B

HansomWare
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious. I assume Z has moved on. There was the nuclear pharmacist who did photography. I see Mikey, Sparda, dredpirate, lord, confettiflyer, mentos, etc are all still here.

Thanks for keeping the lights on.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I mean you guys, especially sozetone, went on that campaign to turn away as many possible pre-pharms as possible. This is somehow the good ending

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean you guys, especially sozetone, went on that campaign to turn away as many possible pre-pharms as possible. This is somehow the good ending
What was the alternative: more pharmacy students and more pharmacists, leading to further wage depression? I think this forum was right to sound the drums.

Recommending pharmacy as a career path is borderline irresponsible at this point. :rofl:

• Okay...
What was the alternative: more pharmacy students and more pharmacists, leading to further wage depression? I think this forum was right to sound the drums.

Recommending pharmacy as a career path is borderline irresponsible at this point. :rofl:

Some people here saved many lives

Reactions: 3 users
Still wonder how type b pharmD is doing. Did he end up defaulting on his $400k+ student loans as he planned?

Also Momus and if he has finally hit FIRE.

Still wonder how type b pharmD is doing. Did he end up defaulting on his $400k+ student loans as he planned?

type b’s life evolves around not paying $400 k

Momus will never FIRE. He loves money too much. Hasn’t he already hit $3m?

are there any other forums besides this and the r/pharmacy subreddit and the disc0rd that must not be named. im on a bunch of local pharmacist groups on fb as well (90% independent owners)

I really don't think we turned away that many. Pre-pharms will go to pharmacy school regardless.

It's mostly the mods who banned everyone.

Last edited:
are there any other forums besides this and the r/pharmacy subreddit and the disc0rd that must not be named. im on a bunch of local pharmacist groups on fb as well (90% independent owners)
I had no idea there was a discord lol.

Sounds super fun.

I really don't think we turned away that many. Pre-pharms will go to pharmacy school regardless.

It's mostly the mods who banned everyone.
This. Stand alone internet forums are only frequented by gen x and maybe some borderline millenials. Kids can't type. They're on whatever is cooler than tik-tok.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This. Stand alone internet forums are only frequented by gen x and maybe some borderline millenials. Kids can't type. They're on whatever is cooler than tik-tok.
Agreed that forums seem to have largely fallen by the wayside in favor of newer cooler forms of social media. At one point I was a member of several forums of various interests. AFAIK, this is the only one of those that still exists. And I think a lot of us are simply aging out of regular forum / social media interaction.

Reactions: 3 users

Is there a point where it makes more sense to put the student loans on a normal payment plan instead of REPAYE/SAVE under PSLF? Say your income rises to $400k/year?

Is there a point where it makes more sense to put the student loans on a normal payment plan instead of REPAYE/SAVE under PSLF? Say your income rises to $400k/year?

If it rises to $400k early, yah you should move to standard payment. If it rises late, remember, repayment recertification can be delayed up to two years before reflecting on payments.

Example: I recertified in July each year. July 2017 would have used 2016 income (tax return from April), but if I filed a six month extension, my 2015 income would be used since my 2016 return doesn’t exist yet.

So some physicians that hit $400k+ after many years of residency and are eligible for PSLF may still benefit. Also depends on balance.

Agreed that forums seem to have largely fallen by the wayside in favor of newer cooler forms of social media. At one point I was a member of several forums of various interests. AFAIK, this is the only one of those that still exists. And I think a lot of us are simply aging out of regular forum / social media interaction.
I agree with your sentiment. I also felt like the forums had much better answers if that makes sense?

Reactions: 1 users
I just want to know what happened to PAtoPharmtoPA

Whatever happened to that guy who tried to short the stock market?

I am still here- 14 more years (or a dead rich uncle) until retirement, not that I am counting

• Wow
I am still here- 14 more years (or a dead rich uncle) until retirement, not that I am counting

That's interesting. I'm expecting zero inheritance from my parents, much less uncles.

I got kicked out for trying to warn others that crypto is going go crash. It did crash shortly afterward.

I think you got kicked out for something else.

I think you got kicked out for something else.

Yes it was. His wife’s money was on the line and he wanted to keep on pumping crypto. Unfortunately people like you got caught in the pump and dump scheme

Yes it was. His wife’s money was on the line and he wanted to keep on pumping crypto. Unfortunately people like you got caught in the pump and dump scheme

I'm not worried. I'm still holding. I got out of NIO in the green. You win some, you lose some. Crypto bounced back more than NIO so far. I remember people pumping NIO when it was in the high 40s-50s too.

I'm not worried. I'm still holding. I got out of NIO in the green. You win some, you lose some. Crypto bounced back more than NIO so far. I remember people pumping NIO when it was in the high 40s-50s too.

I told people when I sold. It is up to them to decide what to do but I certainly didn’t prevent anyone from voicing his opinion regardless how strongly I feel about it.

Still here. In all fairness though, I use the PM system a whole lot more given that it's the way to keep in touch with certain people.

As far as applying to pharmacy school or being a pharmacist, the deal is so rotten now that my opinion is that it's their own fault for being here. And I'm faculty!

The one thing that I still think is interesting is that for the last decade or so, there's been few who have had prior work experience (tech, other health care experience), and my response to the faculty is that what do you expect when you get a bunch of people who've never held down a job into this business?

It's not just us though. Both nursing and medicine have more professionalism issues than the old days over similar concerns. For the two schools, this has basically changed student policies to be much more prescriptive about behavior and the committee that deals with student affairs has permanent support staff now.

Although I don't work in dispensing, I still believe I'm in the business, but I wonder when healthcare is going to collapse as an economic driver.

I wonder what the Anteater dude is up to. I know he got banned a long time ago and all but is he a practicing pharmacist? Is he still living in a van?