Advice Please!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ghosh2, Mar 25, 2002.

1. ghosh2

ghosh2 New Member

Hi Everyone!

I was recently accepted into the Special Masters in Physiology program at Georgetown University for the 2002-2003 school year. This program allows students to take the majority of their medical school classes with the first medical students while obtaining a Masters degree. I graduated from The College of New Jersey in May 2001 with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology and minors in chemistry and marketing. My overall gpa was a 3.4 and my science gpa was a 3.3. I applied to the Special Masters program to prove to medical schools that I can do the work required of me as a medical student and that I am very serious about achieving my goal to be a successful medical student. I took the April 2001 MCAT and the following is a breakdown of my
    scores: Verbal-8, Physical Sciences-10, Writing-L, and Biological Sciences-10. I have been working as a clinical monitor for a clinical
    research organization on a number of clinical trials in various therapeutic areas. I was just recently promoted to a Clinical Research Associate
    position (CRA I). I am also a volunteer EMT and was involved in a few organizations in college as well as an independent research study. I will
    most likely be retaking the MCAT in August. My question to everyone is do you think there is any hope for me to get into med school for 2003 and what advice do you have to strengthen my application between now and June? Thanks so much!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.