Advice regarding sending recommendation email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pearl14

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! So I have an interview coming up at one of my top schools and I really want to get in. I have been in touch with the Director of Admissions after receiving the interview invite and she has been extremely kind and receptive. Since I am a Masters student, the director of my current program recently offered to send an email to the Director of Admissions at the med school so that she could advocate for me and talk about my contributions to the program. She said that she's willing to talk to the med school about the kind of student I am and my involvement in some of the projects the school is running. I know this isn't a formal letter of recommendation, so I'm not sure what the etiquette is and whether this is allowed?

Members don't see this ad.

Have them send a formal letter of recommendation on letterhead as soon as possible. it takes time to process information received and you definitely want it in your file quickly.