Advice with seeking out Grants/Scholarships

Started by Sgeramy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sgeramy

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am a recently accepted student into the D'Youville DPT program (Buffalo NY). I am a Canadian and due to the high tuition cost in the states, i really want to take advantage of grants/scholarships that are offered.

Anyone have advice or any information I could look into?

Thanks
 
Hi, I am a recently accepted student into the D'Youville DPT program (Buffalo NY). I am a Canadian and due to the high tuition cost in the states, i really want to take advantage of grants/scholarships that are offered.

Anyone have advice or any information I could look into?

Thanks

There are few opportunities for devoted PT scholarships in the U.S. However, what I've noticed is two-fold
  1. Individual schools will have various scholarships for their programs based on alumni donations
  2. There are more "health sciences" scholarships available than purely PT ones, that DPT students can apply for.
As a tip, a lot of these programs care less about academic performance and more about service learning (volunteering), contribution to your school, and/or research experience.
 
There are few opportunities for devoted PT scholarships in the U.S. However, what I've noticed is two-fold
  1. Individual schools will have various scholarships for their programs based on alumni donations
  2. There are more "health sciences" scholarships available than purely PT ones, that DPT students can apply for.
As a tip, a lot of these programs care less about academic performance and more about service learning (volunteering), contribution to your school, and/or research experience.

Thanks for the advice, 🙂
Your right, regarding external scholarships I see they are more interested in extracurricular activities. I'll keep that in mind while searching.