Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DoctorDoogie4, Oct 21, 2002.

1. DoctorDoogie4

DoctorDoogie4 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is getting the repsonse and feedback they desire from the medical schools. As for myself, I am kind of worried. I just got my MCAT score back. I have a 3.35 cum GPA with a 3.30 Science GPA. I have volunteered at hospitals, have paid job at a hospital, and have volunteer coaching positions at poor publich high schools. What do you all think about my chances of getting to a DO med school? Any advice would be great. Thanks a million and good luck to all!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rpames

rpames Optometrist
    10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    In short, yes. Your MCAT is average and your GPA is fine. I would apply without question. As always, apply to more than one but I believe you will be fine. Just get those apps in, it is getting late.

4. DoctorDoogie4

DoctorDoogie4 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have recently applied to OUCOM, NSUCOM, PCOM, CCOM, and UHS...I am thinking of AZCOM as well as UNECOM and DMU. Just have to get letters of recs in.

5. slave4MD

slave4MD Member
    7+ Year Member

You will get into your top choice DO program ( aside from state restrictions ), provided that your applications/interviews aren't too shabby. I'm assuming that you didn't apply too late in the cycle.

But you may want to apply to some offshore medical schools just in case.