Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorDoogie4

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Hope everyone is getting the repsonse and feedback they desire from the medical schools. As for myself, I am kind of worried. I just got my MCAT score back. I have a 3.35 cum GPA with a 3.30 Science GPA. I have volunteered at hospitals, have paid job at a hospital, and have volunteer coaching positions at poor publich high schools. What do you all think about my chances of getting to a DO med school? Any advice would be great. Thanks a million and good luck to all!!!

Members don't see this ad.

In short, yes. Your MCAT is average and your GPA is fine. I would apply without question. As always, apply to more than one but I believe you will be fine. Just get those apps in, it is getting late.

I have recently applied to OUCOM, NSUCOM, PCOM, CCOM, and UHS...I am thinking of AZCOM as well as UNECOM and DMU. Just have to get letters of recs in.

Originally posted by DoctorDoogie4
Hey everyone! Hope everyone is getting the repsonse and feedback they desire from the medical schools. As for myself, I am kind of worried. I just got my MCAT score back. I got a 7 V, 8 PS, and a 9 BS. That comes out to a total of 24. I have a 3.35 cum GPA with a 3.30 Science GPA. I have volunteered at hospitals, have paid job at a hospital, and have volunteer coaching positions at poor publich high schools. What do you all think about my chances of getting to a DO med school? Any advice would be great. Thanks a million and good luck to all!!!

You will get into your top choice DO program ( aside from state restrictions ), provided that your applications/interviews aren't too shabby. I'm assuming that you didn't apply too late in the cycle.

But you may want to apply to some offshore medical schools just in case.