Advice!

Started by amhause
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

amhause

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I was hoping I could get some advice on choosing a program.
I've been accepted at UT-Houston (epi), Texas A&M (epi), and Tulane (TM). No scholarships as of yet, so that's not a factor. Any help would be much appreciated!
 
Please tell us more about what you want out of the program, your financial situation, your goals, etc. if you want a more complete answer.

Given the information, I'd say go to a school that's cheapest. ::shrugs::
 
I'm looking for a program that has a strong global health concentration and one that will prep me for a future in international field work in epi. Other interests include infectious disease. Finances are definitely important and I currently live in Texas, so in-state tuition is a plus. I guess in my head I've already narrowed it down to UT and Tulane... so the real question would Tulane be a better choice because of their international background, despite the extra cost?