Advise after rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coheedutk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied for Dental school september first with a 3.5 gpa and a 3.0 sgpa. My Dat was alright with an 18/19 (nothing lower than a 17) . I only got one interview at memphis, which was awesome and exciting haha. However, i'm from texas and considered oos and was rejected. Now I'm living in fayetville arkansas and considering taking a one year job with a microbiologist doing research. Is this a good idea? Advise and comments would be great! Also, considering retaking the DAT?!? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

94 views and not one response....come on guys...ANYTHING will be appreciated lol. We are all future DR.s lol come on now!

I have similar GPA but 22 DAT which only landed me one interview. Your DAT is not high enough to make up for your sgpa. I would suggest a retake (shoot for at least 20 AA) and look into a post bac. Also apply early and broadly. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have similar GPA but 22 DAT which only landed me one interview. Your DAT is not high enough to make up for your sgpa. I would suggest a retake (shoot for at least 20 AA) and look into a post bac. Also apply early and broadly. Good luck!

Yeah I agree with the 3.0 sGPA, your TS should be higher or raise your sGPA at a Post-bacc

How many schools did you apply to? If only a few then consider more. You need to find something that separates you from the other applicants. Your DAT is fine, focus on shadowing, community service, and research opportunities. Try to visit your school of choice often. Call and make an appointment to go over your application. Do everything they say as far as improvements and suggestions.

Take the job and take more science classes at the same time to boost up your GPA and apply broadly! I'm sure it'll work out! :)

I had a little above 3.0 sgpa and better on DAT, but a point, but just apply broadly, I'm sure it'll help. Good luck :)