Advisor Welcome

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AudNaples

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I would like to welcome all of you to the Audiology forum on the student doctor network. I am one of the advisors of this forum and would like to welcome all comments, suggestions, and questions.
I am a first year Doctor of Audiology student at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale FL.
I would like to encourage all discussion in the forum. I am available to answer questions regarding: School considerations, what is curriculum is like as well as finances, the clinical experience as well as anything else you may wonder about.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
~AuDNaples

Members don't see this ad.

hi I am wonderig if i can get some more info about Nova. I have a great interest in this school and any info about it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I have a friend who is at first year at Nova, and along with several of her friends, she is not enjoying the size of the program at Nova, along with the ciricculum. There size is over 20, based on most AuD program, which are always less than 10. I maybe can try to get her on this forum, and maybe she can offer some insight. keep in mind, that all people'e learning styles are different, so what she may not like, others might truly enjoy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks AuDMunchkin... that would be greatly appreciated. I have been really interested in Nova's program so any info would be greatly appreciated

Hi I just had a question about applying to audiology schools.

I am in my last semester, finishing with my bachelors in Communication disorder sciences. I had a bit of a bad start to my college carrier when I first began. To break it down...I have a 3.2 major gpa, over all 3.03 and past 60 units about a 3.2.

The head/chair of audiology department is giving me a letter of rec, as well as 2 other audiology professors. In addition I am doing research with one of the professors, and with the other I am doing audiology clinic.

I still need to take the GRE's :(. I am really bad at standardize testings and math.

I was just wondering if I still have a chance if I completely screw up on my GRE's.

:bang::bang::bang:

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that there are openings for advisory positions on this forum. You say you are "one of the advisors on this forum", who are the others? Just out of curiosity what qualifies you to be an adviser? I think the way things have been going since I've been here, about 2 1/2 years now, in terms of people answering questions (usually ppl who have been in programs for some time) has been working perfectly fine. I don't see a need for an exclusive "adviser" who is really just starting their AuD program. Unless of course you have other qualifications which would make you stand out from the rest of us, there is no need for an official adviser.

Big Al, this thread is four years old! It just looks new because our newcomer posted on it and a billion other old threads to get a pat on the back.

Last edited:
Big Al, this thread is four years old! It just looks new because our newcomer posted on it and a billion other old threads to get a pat on the back.

Holy thread revival, Batman!

Hipster maybe? They love vintage threads & praise.

If this is about the new person posting multiple times- cut him/her some slack. Chances are this person did a google search and the older threads tend to pop up and him/her may not have realized this is an entire forum for the AuD process. This person obviously is stressed about the process and we are here to help and not be snarky. A kind and clear explanation on how posting works is the only thing that is neccessary here. This goes for the people who posted on the other threads in regards to this new poster.

Haha, good catch :bang::bang:

Of course, welcome welcome. Sorry about the joke if it came off as unfriendly.

If this is about the new person posting multiple times- cut him/her some slack. Chances are this person did a google search and the older threads tend to pop up and him/her may not have realized this is an entire forum for the AuD process. This person obviously is stressed about the process and we are here to help and not be snarky. A kind and clear explanation on how posting works is the only thing that is neccessary here. This goes for the people who posted on the other threads in regards to this new poster.

i am beginning to think the new person is a spam robot. seriously. or the greenest person to ever use a computer.

Sorry guys just new to this site....I will delete my posts.

And yes I searched on google and this post showed up.

Spring88 patted me on the back.....and it felt great :)