Advocacy for Habitat for Humanity...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kstorm

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I did minor advocacy stuff for H4H, is that something I should not mention? A huge part of Habitat's mission is to provide access to affordable housing. It's sort of political but I did it with a pretty well known organization so I never thought it would look "bad" to some (I guess some conservatives might be against that....).

Can I get some insight on this? @Catalystik @LizzyM

Members don't see this ad.

If I did minor advocacy stuff for H4H, is that something I should not mention? A huge part of Habitat's mission is to provide access to affordable housing. It's sort of political but I did it with a pretty well known organization so I never thought it would look "bad" to some (I guess some conservatives might be against that....).

I don't know if there is anyone who would fault H4H. I have my ear to the ground with both liberal and conservative thinkers and I've never heard a bad word about H4H.

Reactions: 1 user
H4H is politically safe

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a very high opinion of H4H.

Thanks @LizzyM @Catalystik @gonnif @DokterMom @Goro I guess I took the advice of not putting "politically charged ECs" that was given in another thread a little too seriously. I am a huge advocate of H4H's mission and I'm really happy I don't have to hide that.

Thanks @LizzyM @Catalystik @gonnif @DokterMom @Goro I guess I took the advice of not putting "politically charged ECs" that was given in another thread a little too seriously. I am a huge advocate of H4H's mission and I'm really happy I don't have to hide that.

Yeah - I saw that other thread. Now admittedly, I'm politically liberal (in case anyone here couldn't tell) but I would absolutely not hold participation in a social welfare and justice-oriented cause against anyone -- even if the movement goes off track. But applicants should be able to clearly articulate why they participate[d], what they learned from it, and be able to discuss opposing views intelligently and without flying off the handle.