What are examples of activities that fit into the social justice/advocacy slot in AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psyched*Out

Reaction score
Realized recently that this its own section now, so I was curious what type of activities would fit into that category as opposed to just being regular non clinical volunteering?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you read this? https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/14256/download

Possible examples include (but are not limited to): Registering people to vote, climate activism, advocating for civil rights, decreasing health inequities, addressing food deserts, building awareness for a particular cause or health condition, advocating for vulnerable populations (children, homeless, etc.), and assisting with policy change or development.

Reactions: 1 users
Realized recently that this its own section now, so I was curious what type of activities would fit into that category as opposed to just being regular non clinical volunteering?
Community organizing peaceful protests, civic program assistance (like voting registar), public awareness of environmental issues, debates and political communication (like lobbying or meeting with politicians). Just off the top of my head. The AAMC guidance covers it.

Reactions: 2 users