AECOM Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone hear back regardingi the servce and research scholarhship?

Members don't see this ad.

hiya...

did anyone receive einstein's financial aid info??? will it be snail mail or email???

I talked to someone from the financial aid office this week. I was told that her office will be sending out the information soon. This year apparently there were some revisions/changes made to the packets that has slowed their dissemination. I think she said they will snail mail us the packets (not sure about this part).

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to someone from the financial aid office this week. I was told that her office will be sending out the information soon. This year apparently there were some revisions/changes made to the packets that has slowed their dissemination. I think she said they will snail mail us the packets (not sure about this part).

i hope theyre being honest. i read the aecom c/o 2011 thread and the only mention of fin aid stuff was about how they didnt receive it until after may 15th.

hiya...

thanks for the info... i think it is weird...if we are required to pick a school by may 15th...then y aren't they required to give us our fin aid packets by let's say may 10th??...but some schools don't even give it to you until june...wow...but eh what can we do...:)

did you guys see einstein's match list this year? SIIIIIIIIIIIICK.

and yeah if they dont give me financial aid information before may 15, i'm going to have to commit to another school because I KNOW that einstein gives very little aid and that might be why they're delaying it so people don't withdraw....little do they know they're going to be hit with a huge bill at the end of the year but they've already withdrawn from other schools..boo

did you guys see einstein's match list this year? SIIIIIIIIIIIICK.

Yeah it's pretty damn awesome! I spoke to a 1st year and she said that a lot of people matched into Cali hospitals. Almost everyone got their top choice too...Exciting! Also, the few AECOM grads I know have all been either chief residents in their respective fields or very highly respected for their clinical competency.

Yeah it's pretty damn awesome! I spoke to a 1st year and she said that a lot of people matched into Cali hospitals. Almost everyone got their top choice too...Exciting! Also, the few AECOM grads I know have all been either chief residents in their respective fields or very highly respected for their clinical competency.

Bump. Anyone receive info on housing yet?

I called yesterday... they said it will probably be mailed in like 2 weeksish.

However, the financial aid office did say we should receive our info via email by Friday.

excellent. although i'm sure i'll be dissapointed with their package if the 3000 is the maximum scholarship they give out aside from those special ones

hey all,
i got my financial aid package today. as expected...very little financial aid in terms of grants. that has basically made me decide not to go. will be withdrawing t/m. good luck to the rest of you with decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey all,
i got my financial aid package today. as expected...very little financial aid in terms of grants. that has basically made me decide not to go. will be withdrawing t/m. good luck to the rest of you with decisions.

did u get it by snail mail or by email??? i got a letter from dr nykaza saying they were increasing my scholarship but i didn't get the whole package yet...good luck to you in school next year!!!

actually... i just called them and they gave it to me over the phone...they said they are emailing them right now though so we should have it either today or tomorrow!!!!

OMG!!!!! now i am sooo confused!!!! i think they were quite generous and quite friendly:)

how do we decide these things????

haah you're so lucky! i guess it was sort of good that einstein gave me basically nothing...made my decision easier...for you though haha....just look at the match list....i'd really hesitate to turn down einstein over wake...but i'm sure you'll make the best decision for yourself!

i sent in my fafsa early march, but only sent in my einstein app like a week ago... i wonder if mine will be ready. is there any chance we'll be finding out about merit scholarships in the package, or have those already been distributed?

i think those have been handed out to a select few already. expect ~5000 in grants and the rest loans either einstein or federal

haah you're so lucky! i guess it was sort of good that einstein gave me basically nothing...made my decision easier...for you though haha....just look at the match list....i'd really hesitate to turn down einstein over wake...but i'm sure you'll make the best decision for yourself!

what school did u choose to go to?? and why would u hesitate to choose wake over einstein?... i am just curious...the match list are both similiar and their rankings are pretty close together too...it actually has been a hard decision...:)

oh no dont take me seriously... i was just saying that to emphasize how great einstein's match was....i honestly don't know enough about wake to say anything..my apologies.

oh no dont take me seriously... i was just saying that to emphasize how great einstein's match was....i honestly don't know enough about wake to say anything..my apologies.

...hahah thanks... i think i will take this weekend...think about it...and then decide later on!!...good luck to you!!:)

omg, that financial package was depressing.

Apparently we're getting housing stuff soon...kind of excited for that! Any of you guys in NYC/will be there for the summer? If so...we should get together.

this thread has been off the front page for too long... anyone know exactly when they're sending housing out?

I officially withdrew from einstein...good luck to those waiting to get off the waitlist!!

farewell einstein, what could have been..... bubuubbu

anyone actually decide on einstein? i mean seriously here... where's the love?

Just Got In. I am going. Can anyone PM me what the financial aid package looked like.

Just got in today as well. I'm wondering about the finaid package also. Has anyone received any scholarship of any kind? If so, when do they notify you of it?

any housing info yet???

i got an application in the mail. i guess we alll fill out both the application and the lil wait list card?

i got an application in the mail. i guess we alll fill out both the application and the lil wait list card?

i still dont really get what the wait list card is for

i still dont really get what the wait list card is for

i just filled out both and sent them. i think the wait list card is just to be put on a list for a room.

Hey everyone,
I just got off the phone with the housing office. The woman I spoke with told me that the little blue housing card puts you on a waiting list that takes 2-3 years to move. She said that one should only send that if you want to be on the list for the type of apartment you're selecting at some point during your Einstein career. First years have no say over what kind of apartment they are put into, unless they request to be roomed with specific people. If a rising first year sends the card, they are put on a waiting list for that type of apartment for his/her second, third, or fourth year. Hope this helps.
Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hey everyone,
I just got off the phone with the housing office. The woman I spoke with told me that the little blue housing card puts you on a waiting list that takes 2-3 years to move. She said that one should only send that if you want to be on the list for the type of apartment you're selecting at some point during your Einstein career. First years have no say over what kind of apartment they are put into, unless they request to be roomed with specific people. If a rising first year sends the card, they are put on a waiting list for that type of apartment for his/her second, third, or fourth year. Hope this helps.
Looking forward to meeting you all!

In the theme of meeting each other...if you haven't already, go and join our AECOM Class of 2012 group on facebook! We're planning on having a get together with some of the NYC people soon.

Does anyone know of a storage place close to the campus where students leave their stuff during the summer? I will be abroad for the month of July and I am planning to leave all my things close to the school so that it will be easier when I get back.

Thanks!

so i just got accepted last week. can somebody fill me in on
1) housing: did you guys get housing assignments yet? i still have not received my housing application...
2) biochem prep course: how do you sign up for this? how many people are going?

thanks! can't wait to start. lookin forward to meeting you all! :)

We haven't found out about housing yet... I think if you're taking the prep course you find out relatively soon, but if not sometime later in July.

As far as the prep course goes they just mailed us a notification of what it was about and stuff. It's saved as a document in the facebook group too if you want to grab it from there.

Filling out financial aid stuff...How much will we be paying for healthcare insurance? Ultilities are covered by housing right? Thanks =)

nvm, i see that individual healthcare coverage is factored into the tuition.

over a month and no activity i guess the facebook group overtook this huh?