AECOM lost track of my post-interview file?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYyanx28

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at AECOM way back on November 22 and their initial acceptance date was on January 15th. I know I have heard people on SDN who interviewed on my date and even well after my interview date who have heard back from them. I have called biweekly for the past month and a half and each time the lady on the phone sounds bewildered that I haven't heard a decision yet and assures me that she will bring it to someone's attention. Yet, everytime I call it is the same thing. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Members don't see this ad.

That is certainly strange. I would email their dean or asst dean to get right to the root at the very least, leaving it to the secretary is fine but Id be inclined to just get a direct contact instead. It would seem strange that you havn't heard one bit of news yet.

That is certainly strange. I would email their dean or asst dean to get right to the root at the very least, leaving it to the secretary is fine but Id be inclined to just get a direct contact instead. It would seem strange that you havn't heard one bit of news yet.

Thanks for the advice. I just e-mailed the Associate Dean conveying my situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
AECOM is usually pretty good with correspondence. I got my rejection exactly one month post interview.

They definitely rejected me an hour after the interview and waited the full month out of courtesy.

So, an update to this story... I e-mailed the Dean several weeks ago who told me that my interviewer has not returned my file back to the admissions office. I interviewed on NOVEMBER 22!

WTF?

I still have not heard word, and the Dean has professed her sincere apologies and has assured me it will not affect my chances of acceptance, but how can this not leave a sour taste in my mouth?

On a side note, I struck a great conversation with my interviewer and now that has all gone to waste. Chances are she has not returned it because she has not yet written the review.

Penn State here I come...

Does she have a legit reason for taking so long to write a review?

Certainly it wouldnt be acceptable on our part as applicants if we showed up to an interview 4 months late.

Hey you never know, if you demonstrate maturity in the matter and don't blow up on them, they might remember you as, oh that interviewer we messed up on, but handled it properly. I say if you do not hear again within the week, to email once more and politely ask if there has been any changes since.

So, an update to this story... I e-mailed the Dean several weeks ago who told me that my interviewer has not returned my file back to the admissions office. I interviewed on NOVEMBER 22!

WTF?

I still have not heard word, and the Dean has professed her sincere apologies and has assured me it will not affect my chances of acceptance, but how can this not leave a sour taste in my mouth?

On a side note, I struck a great conversation with my interviewer and now that has all gone to waste. Chances are she has not returned it because she has not yet written the review.

Penn State here I come...
NYyanx28, it happened exactly the same for me. I was interviewed on Oct. 17th and after Jan. 15th I called them and was told that my file was not touched because my interviewer did not return it yet. I thought I had a really good interview but then I contacted them in the end of feb. and was given the bad news on the phone. They said they 'd interview about 1,400 peole this year. :eek: . Good Luck NYyan, and btw, was your interviewer an OB/GYN doc?

NYyanx28, it happened exactly the same for me. I was interviewed on Oct. 17th and after Jan. 15th I called them and was told that my file was not touched because my interviewer did not return it yet. I thought I had a really good interview but then I contacted them in the end of feb. and was given the bad news on the phone. They said they 'd interview about 1,400 peole this year. :eek: . Good Luck NYyan, and btw, was your interviewer an OB/GYN doc?

Nope, Rad's. I understand that stories like this happens at most schools, but for the unfortunate students who incur these problems, it certainly affects there consideration for the school.