AEGD interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DECIBELL

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there: I got an interview for the AEGD program today. I was looking for advice :idea: for the interview and what questions will be asked:confused: .

decibell

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there: I got an interview for the AEGD program today. I was looking for advice :idea: for the interview and what questions will be asked:confused: .

decibell

Congratulations for getting the interview...heay u search the posts for Rochester AEGD program interview..u will get the information or u search the posts by the person name lucas(i hope this is the right name)...u will get ur answer..from where u got the interview call..
sincerely cavity79

The persons name is lucus...here r some of the questions he posted

Whats your future plans?
Interested in Research?
Why here?
Part one part 2 scores?
Why havent you taken part 2...when do you plan on taking it?
Whats ur weakness, strengths?
Tell me about your experiences?
What aspect of dentistry do you like?
Have you ever conducted medical/dental research?..Tell me about it?
Where are you from?..How long did you practice there and with whom and what did you do?
Do you want to specialize after this program? and in what?

Members don't see this ad :)
HI there !!!!

First of all congro for ur interview..I have few queries, like in which school u got AEGD interview ? and whats ur score for ur NBDE ??? How about ur GPA ? What are the reqirements for AEGD program.

Thanks in advance..

Dr.patts.

I can say with experience this, I interviewed at Rochester. I am an American with part one past. I am also a FTD. But, after getting rejected and I did interview well, I learned this about AEGDs. For the most part ,this applies to the popular ones and I know there are less popular ones that this opinion does not apply to. So that being said, Where did you get an interview to?

Here is my point. It is better if you have Real dental experience and recent as well, the duration of down time from when you graduated dental school, left your country as a practicing dentist, or graduated from any type of American program like MS , Research, or Advanced Cert. programs like NYU has or even a 1 yr. gpr, whichever, you get my point, this will be the deciding factor when you compete for a spot. If you are like me and have been trying for two years to get into a program and have only dental assisted, then rightfully they will take those who have the experience over you. I don't blame them. I understand, and I support the rational, they don't want to have to teach anyone dentistry over they want you to work.

So my advise, the questions they ask are generic, just answer them directly and be honest. But if you are a candidate that has recently work as a dentist or in program with any part of your boards past, then stress this fact to them during the interview. You will see that you have at least put yourself above those like me who have not been practicing regardless of those who just only past their boards.

I wish you the best of luck and pray that you find a program that accepts you.

Hi all, Thank you for your reply.

My GPA is 3.6, I have compleated my part1 and 2. I have Master of Science for US school.

Decibell

Hi there, I have AEGD interview in N.S.U miami, Florida. Any informaiton regarding the program, stipend and interview will be greatly appreciated:)

Decibell