AEGD Recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Who ya got??? :)

• Cavs

• Warriors

Results are only viewable after voting.

gage1124

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!!

I'm wrapping up my 3rd year of dental school and plan to apply this summer to AEGD programs. I've gone through the list of programs on the ADEA PASS site and visited the links given, but there just isn't much information on most of the programs. I was hoping to hear from some AEGD residents about their program, or at least what other dental students out there may have heard.

I'm mainly interested in finding a program with experiences in implant placement, i.v. sedation, 3rd molar ext, things like that... Anyways, thanks it advanced!!! Good luck to everyone applying this summer!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all!!

I'm wrapping up my 3rd year of dental school and plan to apply this summer to AEGD programs. I've gone through the list of programs on the ADEA PASS site and visited the links given, but there just isn't much information on most of the programs. I was hoping to hear from some AEGD residents about their program, or at least what other dental students out there may have heard.

I'm mainly interested in finding a program with experiences in implant placement, i.v. sedation, 3rd molar ext, things like that... Anyways, thanks it advanced!!! Good luck to everyone applying this summer!!
OMS residency.

J/K! :p:p:p

I hear the San Antonio VA has an absolutely fantastic program. Totally anecdotal though, I have no evidence to back up that claim. Best of luck!!!

As far as AEGDs, its really hard to get good information outside of what other people "know." What I do know is that the SA VA is the BEST out there, but the price of admission is high. Not only in terms of competitive applicants you have to beat out, but also the workload expected of you is insane. Another good one is the VA at Temple Texas, which is similar but not quite on the same level. Overall, VA programs are the ones you want, then higher end schools. I've heard a lot of good things about Rosemans program, as well as ASDOHs, but they dont offer IV. So you give and take until you're happy with the compromised deal.

Good Luck!