AEGD University of Rochester Interview for 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i got sooooo nervous already!!!! and you guys dont help!!!!!!! =p have u heard anything? any acceptance? any mail?

Members don't see this ad.

I check my e-mail million times per day, and nothing...

Members don't see this ad :)
hello people...on the website of rochester university, it's written that an international student(not having dds degree) will get only a three year limited license to practice in the state of NY in an area where there is shortage of dentists. He is eligible for permanent licensure only if he is a US citizen/green card holder.
So are all of u US citzens/permanent residents? i am not...so i was wondering if spending 2 yrs on AEGD is worth it for just a 3 yr license. any idea?

would appreciate any inputs...

hello people...on the website of rochester university, it's written that an international student(not having dds degree) will get only a three year limited license to practice in the state of NY in an area where there is shortage of dentists. He is eligible for permanent licensure only if he is a US citizen/green card holder.
So are all of u US citzens/permanent residents? i am not...so i was wondering if spending 2 yrs on AEGD is worth it for just a 3 yr license. any idea?

would appreciate any inputs...

for US citizen and and permanent resident, it will be great chance for them if they will be accepted .For you it may be worthy because if you get work in NY then you can apply to green card through your employer. Have a good luck:)

hey thanx 4 replyin! i don't really want a green card but would like to work in US for a few years, maybe 5-7years n then go back...so i guess i could work there longer than 3 years if my employer wanted me to but i'd be so dependent on the whim of my employer! does this happen often? that non citizens work there longer coz of their employers? anyone who can speak from experience?

hey thanx 4 replyin! i don't really want a green card but would like to work in US for a few years, maybe 5-7years n then go back...so i guess i could work there longer than 3 years if my employer wanted me to but i'd be so dependent on the whim of my employer! does this happen often? that non citizens work there longer coz of their employers? anyone who can speak from experience?

I think it is better to choose a postgraduate program like MSc, the AEGD is not suitable for your situation. good luck

Here is a question for already graduated dentists from Rochester University:
I am an international student,,, i dont live in USA.... do you think is worth it for someone like me who is just looking to improve as a dentist and to get more education..... to follow the aegd program?

hopefully this week may witness receiving some feedback from them regarding the result

It looks to me that the chanses are getting lower and lower with each day. Probably they already called somebody.

Called Ms Fine today and she said- "decision has not been made yet and will NOTIFY by mid February". I personally feel its not a good sign - notify sounds like they will let you know that you are not selected.
I am tired of checking my inbox and this forum :( but no news from any side!!

Called Ms Fine today and she said- "decision has not been made yet and will NOTIFY by mid February". I personally feel its not a good sign - notify sounds like they will let you know that you are not selected.

Really that is terrible!!!!!! why they are not clear in announcing the result? is there any cause behind all this obscuring????? I'll be crazy at the end!!!!

I think by mid february its gonna be final decision. Now they probably have already selected candidates and wait till all of them respond. So we still have little chance if anybody refuse!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think by mid february its gonna be final decision. Now they probably have already selected candidates and wait till all of them respond. So we still have little chance if anybody refuse!
Any news Barbie21? please share..

No result yet, they said that the decision will be taken very soon
Lets think logically, if they gonna tell the decision to everyone in the mid of February, that means in the beginning of February they need to send rejections letters. Therefore they need to call applicants, whom they want to accept in January in order to know how many people will accept or refuse.

don't be so nervous guys, I sent an e-mail to miss Foy on January 4th I think, and she said that decision will be made in February. So I think they start sending e-mails in February and then the rejection calls:):xf::xf:

don't be so nervous guys, I sent an e-mail to miss Foy on January 4th I think, and she said that decision will be made in February. So I think they start sending e-mails in February and then the rejection calls:):xf::xf:
Rejection calls:laugh: Its something new!

Lets think logically, if they gonna tell the decision to everyone in the mid of February, that means in the beginning of February they need to send rejections letters. Therefore they need to call applicants, whom they want to accept in January in order to know how many people will accept or refuse.
Barbie21, I think you are new-comer, you will get used to it! For your information, there is an alternate list in most US Universities from which the applicants will be selected if anyone who has been selected to the program drops or does not accept the position. So THERE IS NO NEED TO NOTIFY SELECTED APPLICANTS FIRST!!! It is possible that all applicants be notified in a same day, (for example: 10 accepted, 10-20 alternate list, +150 rejected) !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Barbie21, I think you are new-comer, you will get used to it! For your information, there is an alternate list in most US Universities from which the applicants will be selected if anyone who has been selected to the program drops or does not accept the position. So THERE IS NO NEED TO NOTIFY SELECTED APPLICANTS FIRST!!! It is possible that all applicants be notified in a same day, (for example: 10 accepted, 10-20 alternate list, +150 rejected) !!!!!!!!!

Do you have an idea when did they take their decision regarding the result in the last year?

Last year, I think Late January ( and rejected applicants would not be notified!!! )

did you have a chance to apply for this program previously,please? what are the criteria on which they are depending in their selection process?

did you have a chance to apply for this program previously,please? what are the criteria on which they are depending in their selection process?
Nope, Last year I did not apply to the AEGD program. I do not know anything about their selection process, but I am sure that most applicants had been in the rejection list from Dr. Malmstrom/ Dr. Yunker at the day of their interview! and I do not have the idea why they invite +200 for the interview. Just 20-30 potential applicants have been selected and might be notified these days.

Nope, Last year I did not apply to the AEGD program. I do not know anything about their selection process, but I am sure that most applicants had been in the rejection list from Dr. Malmstrom/ Dr. Yunker at the day of their interview! and I do not have the idea why they invite +200 for the interview. Just 20-30 potential applicants have been selected and might be notified these days.

I agree with you, why they invite these huge number while they are planning to accept just 10 or 20? Some applicants spent a lot of money and came from far places and then they don't get jut frustration!!!!!!

Is there anyone applied to this program along with other programs?

Last year, I think Late January ( and rejected applicants would not be notified!!! )

What do you mean, saying rejected applicants would not be notified? Last year they called in January and rejection letters were sent in February.

Year, I am a new comer. But I am carefully read this forum, and in the last year they notified accepted applicant first (in the beginning of January)

I applied to this programm last year, and wasnt even envited to the interview, and got my rejection letter in the mid of February. To understand their criteria is very difficult. Sometimes it looks to me that there are no criteria at all ( at least for selection of candidates for interview).

Friends I am not so sure if this is the same program which is attached to research as well, but if it is...I know a person who has just recently been accepted!!!

Friends I am not so sure if this is the same program which is attached to research as well, but if it is...I know a person who has just recently been accepted!!!
Yea, this program is attached to research. Of course they already started the process of acceptance. Your friend is lucky!!!

Yea, this program is attached to research. Of course they already started the process of acceptance. Your friend is lucky!!!

They will start contacting successful candidates very soon. No body has been contacted till now according to the knowledge of Ms. fine and Ms.Foy.

They will start contacting successful candidates very soon. No body has been contacted till now according to the knowledge of Ms. fine and Ms.Foy.

I want it to be the truth, but its already second time in this forum people saying that somebody already got acceptance!

I kinda agree with best4best, the first guy said that disappeared and he also talk about his friend, and this is the same case with the last guy.
They said they didn't contact anyone yet, so it is the truth...

I kinda agree with best4best, the first guy said that disappeared and he also talk about his friend, and this is the same case with the last guy.
They said they didn't contact anyone yet, so it is the truth...
I agree with BEST4BEST too.

Guys I did not want to give wrong information to u'll but my friend has been accepted. Currently they asked her to join right away to take some pre courses!

Guys I did not want to give wrong information to u'll but my friend has been accepted. Currently they asked her to join right away to take some pre courses!

Can you tell her qualifications? Where is your friend from (what country?)

did your friend is a FGD ? did she apply for AEGD in rochester 2012? what type of pre-courses that she will join before July 2012?

did your friend is a FGD ? did she apply for AEGD in rochester 2012? what type of pre-courses that she will join before July 2012?
Yeah...that sounds strange. Do they have any precourses? Never heard about this!

wow this thread is on fire!! good luck guys....keep moving forward:thumbup:

The person is represents the country most of the people on this forum do! Yup they are a FTD! I donno why the precourses either! Well I was just giving me input but best of luck to all you guys! Believers can believe in what I said!! Cheers!!

Dear friends, I think we started the critical time...Good Luck !!!!

Any brave dude willing to call and verify the pre-courses issue?

Any brave dude willing to call and verify the pre-courses issue?
Relax guys, dont call them, in 2-3 weeks we will know the result. Just forget about it and concentrate on moving foward, as if you are not accepted (cause chanses are really very small). I for example am studying for part 2 and next year I am gonna apply to all schools of America:D

Relax guys, dont call them, in 2-3 weeks we will know the result. Just forget about it and concentrate on moving foward, as if you are not accepted (cause chanses are really very small). I for example am studying for part 2 and next year I am gonna apply to all schools of America:D

Can you really focus in study while you waiting? If they just say; you guys have no hope ... we will swallow :( it with pain, and then go forward :mad:...
but waiting is painful and wasting for time and concentration ....

You are right. But I became pissimistic about the result, and its really hard to get there. From 200-250 applicants they will select around 20 ( I dont know exactly) So what do you expect so much? Of course, we all have a hope, but its more likely to get the rejection letter. We shouldnt put a lot of expectations and energy only on this program. Move forward guys! And good luck for all of us! Sooner or later we ll make it!