AF vs Army as a dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nat426

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone shed light on the difference between serving in the AF vs Army as a dentist? I have read basically all of the AF thread, and 10 pages of the Army thread. I have my application in to the AF and will be sending my Army app in this week. The HPSP isn't what I am concerned about because it's pretty simple but what comes after is tougher to figure out. I want to learn as much as I can about the day to day life once I graduate from dental school. The Army has offered to let me come to a base and do a tour which I am going to schedule and I would like to do the same for an AF base but the AF recruiter seems to de awol. I haven't heard from him since I sent my app. in almost two months ago and it's not for lack of trying on my part. Would it be bad to just get ahold of an AF recruiter in a different area? I wondered if they were just putting things off until dental school offers go out but based on the responses i have received here that shouldn't be the case. Sorry for the long post but i'm just a little frustrated about the AF after putting in all the time and getting everything sent to the recruiter and then hearing nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone shed light on the difference between serving in the AF vs Army as a dentist? I have read basically all of the AF thread, and 10 pages of the Army thread. I have my application in to the AF and will be sending my Army app in this week. The HPSP isn't what I am concerned about because it's pretty simple but what comes after is tougher to figure out. I want to learn as much as I can about the day to day life once I graduate from dental school. The Army has offered to let me come to a base and do a tour which I am going to schedule and I would like to do the same for an AF base but the AF recruiter seems to de awol. I haven't heard from him since I sent my app. in almost two months ago and it's not for lack of trying on my part. Would it be bad to just get ahold of an AF recruiter in a different area? I wondered if they were just putting things off until dental school offers go out but based on the responses i have received here that shouldn't be the case. Sorry for the long post but i'm just a little frustrated about the AF after putting in all the time and getting everything sent to the recruiter and then hearing nothing.

Contact a different recruiter.

Check out these Army blogs:
http://www.armystrongstories.com/blogger/kendall-mower/
http://www.armystrongstories.com/blogger/dianne-pannes/