Affording San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cskidd359

Medical Student- MS3
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I'm applying to residency and I'm interviewing at a place in the Bay area. For those who know, how do you afford to live in the region on 50-60k a year? Any particular neighborhoods that are more affordable? Strategies?

The program does not offer supplemental housing.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

So I'm applying to residency and I'm interviewing at a place in the Bay area. For those who know, how do you afford to live in the region on 50-60k a year? Any particular neighborhoods that are more affordable? Strategies?

Thanks!
living-in-a-box.jpg

latest

Answer: You may need an extra source of funding.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Hey all,

Thanks!

Roommates.

And this is a good question for the residents at the program when you Interview.

Reactions: 2 users
As long as people are begging to match in San Francisco, programs, aside from UCSF, are going to pay their residents chump change. Let me guess. You want to live in San Francisco after you finish. Let me paraphrase myself. As long as physicians are begging to work in San Francisco practices and hospitals, aside from UCSF, practices and hospitals are going to pay their physicians chump change.

Reactions: 1 users