after 2nd year..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pigsfoot

Illinois Class of 2014!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey...so i recall a thread somewhere about how after 2nd year our educational status puts us kind of at the same level as a certified vet tech. does anyone know where this thread is? if not-has anyone else heard that? it makes sense, i'm just wondering...

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hey...so i recall a thread somewhere about how after 2nd year our educational status puts us kind of at the same level as a certified vet tech. does anyone know where this thread is? if not-has anyone else heard that? it makes sense, i'm just wondering...

thanks!

mm i've heard it was after 3rd year but i cant remember where either (not on here though)

I hadn't heard that before, but it's likely just my lack of knowledge. I imagine that would be difficult to determine though since it seems some programs are more hands-on earlier versus others that seem to have much less hands-on exposure. I'd be interested to know either way though!

Members don't see this ad :)
It probably is dependent on the school. I know at Davis, you are given an RVT after two years. (Although that might change with the new curriculum?)

thanks!

That was what I was told when I was looking for a job in between second and third year.

wow-they just award you an RVT without taking the VTNE? that's impressive..

It just makes so much sense, right now between my 1st and 2nd year, I am at a clinic and I feel like I have *some* knowledge, but I don't even know how to read a flippin' ear cytology slide or a fecal. I know that our 2nd year covers all that lab stuff and I'm figuring by next summer I'll be so much more useful at the clinic in the lab. I just was hoping most clinics aknowledge that too...

oh, sorry about the cross posting, just wanted to be sure my question was seen and i figured both threads would have potential answers. i assumed the current vet students one would be more active than it is.

It probably is dependent on the school. I know at Davis, you are given an RVT after two years. (Although that might change with the new curriculum?)

Hmm. While I have heard that we're considered equivalent to an RVT after second year, I don't think we're actually given the license. If so, I was cheated because I never got mine! :p