after 2nd year..

Started by Pigsfoot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pigsfoot

Illinois Class of 2014!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey...so i recall a thread somewhere about how after 2nd year our educational status puts us kind of at the same level as a certified vet tech. does anyone know where this thread is? if not-has anyone else heard that? it makes sense, i'm just wondering...

thanks!
 
hey...so i recall a thread somewhere about how after 2nd year our educational status puts us kind of at the same level as a certified vet tech. does anyone know where this thread is? if not-has anyone else heard that? it makes sense, i'm just wondering...

thanks!

mm i've heard it was after 3rd year but i cant remember where either (not on here though)
 
I hadn't heard that before, but it's likely just my lack of knowledge. I imagine that would be difficult to determine though since it seems some programs are more hands-on earlier versus others that seem to have much less hands-on exposure. I'd be interested to know either way though!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It probably is dependent on the school. I know at Davis, you are given an RVT after two years. (Although that might change with the new curriculum?)
 
hey...so i recall a thread somewhere about how after 2nd year our educational status puts us kind of at the same level as a certified vet tech. does anyone know where this thread is? if not-has anyone else heard that? it makes sense, i'm just wondering...

thanks!

That was what I was told when I was looking for a job in between second and third year.
 
wow-they just award you an RVT without taking the VTNE? that's impressive..

It just makes so much sense, right now between my 1st and 2nd year, I am at a clinic and I feel like I have *some* knowledge, but I don't even know how to read a flippin' ear cytology slide or a fecal. I know that our 2nd year covers all that lab stuff and I'm figuring by next summer I'll be so much more useful at the clinic in the lab. I just was hoping most clinics aknowledge that too...
 
oh, sorry about the cross posting, just wanted to be sure my question was seen and i figured both threads would have potential answers. i assumed the current vet students one would be more active than it is.