Step I After getting your scores which question banks did you like?

Started by ally1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ally1

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

So UWorld and Robbins are givens, but in case there is time to do another q-bank you think it would be better to

1) re-do UW
2) Kaplan q-bank
3)Kaplan Q-book.

(ps: i could only do 1 of the three listed above)

I've heard q-book is better than kaplan q bank, any thoughts?
 
if i were you, i'd redo the UW questions that you marked or got incorrect....at least that's what i'm planning on doing when i get through it this week.

Hello,

So UWorld and Robbins are givens, but in case there is time to do another q-bank you think it would be better to

1) re-do UW
2) Kaplan q-bank
3)Kaplan Q-book.

(ps: i could only do 1 of the three listed above)

I've heard q-book is better than kaplan q bank, any thoughts?
 
Kaplan qbank is one of the most under-appreciated resources in SDN. I highly recommend starting qbank instead of redoing UW (assuming you read all the explanations in UW, including explanations for q's that you answered correctly).
Now, it would be a totally different conversation if you haven't done any NBMEs (or don't plan on doing any). If you are financially-limited, I would do ALL NBMEs (1-6) instead of any of the options that the OP offered. If you can afford both, then definitely do both kaplan qbank and the NBMEs.

all this advice is directly in response to the OP's questions: after getting my score, which qbanks did I like?

Good Luck to everyone