• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

after-opt job search???

Ma1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
    When you are approaching graduation in optometry school, are there a lot of recruits that come to the school? Or is it basically --you're done, go find yourself a job?

I was just wondering because I know that in pharmacy, their graduating seniors get anywhere from 15+ job offers. but i also know how pharmacy is booming.

cpw

It's a boy !!!
    Moderator Emeritus
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Apr 25, 2001
    Tampa
    1. Optometrist
      Recruiters some times come to campus and give dinner talks. it's almost always corporate locations like wal-mart , cole vision, etc. In Texas TSO had big dinners at Maggianos to recruit.

But, you're pretty much on your own to find a place youd actually be happy working.

Ma1

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Dec 15, 2005
        cpw said:
        Recruiters some times come to campus and give dinner talks. it's almost always corporate locations like wal-mart , cole vision, etc. In Texas TSO had big dinners at Maggianos to recruit.

But, you're pretty much on your own to find a place youd actually be happy working.

So on a scale of 1-10 (1 being easiest) how difficult was is it to find a job you'd be happy doing? Ie. for me that'd be low vision or geriatric ..hospital based work

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.