after-opt job search???

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ma1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you are approaching graduation in optometry school, are there a lot of recruits that come to the school? Or is it basically --you're done, go find yourself a job?

I was just wondering because I know that in pharmacy, their graduating seniors get anywhere from 15+ job offers. but i also know how pharmacy is booming.

Members don't see this ad.

Recruiters some times come to campus and give dinner talks. it's almost always corporate locations like wal-mart , cole vision, etc. In Texas TSO had big dinners at Maggianos to recruit.

But, you're pretty much on your own to find a place youd actually be happy working.

cpw said:
Recruiters some times come to campus and give dinner talks. it's almost always corporate locations like wal-mart , cole vision, etc. In Texas TSO had big dinners at Maggianos to recruit.

But, you're pretty much on your own to find a place youd actually be happy working.

So on a scale of 1-10 (1 being easiest) how difficult was is it to find a job you'd be happy doing? Ie. for me that'd be low vision or geriatric ..hospital based work

Ma1 said:

So on a scale of 1-10 (1 being easiest) how difficult was is it to find a job you'd be happy doing? Ie. for me that'd be low vision or geriatric ..hospital based work

What city, state, etc? What do you mean hospital based?