After Pharmacy graduation timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm00123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After you graduate pharm school is may, when do people usually take the NAPLEX and MPJE? And do most people usually only study during that time or work too? I know for retail you could work as a Grad intern, but do they usually get paid similar to actual pharmacists? If you already get a job offer for retail before you graduate, do they expect you to start work right away or when you are done taking boards? Is this the same if you are doing a residency?
Sorry these are a lot of questions, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Motion to ignore all these questions because the OP is an obvious lonely nerd and has to friends in his class to ask them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I graduated this year and took the boards in mid-July. In my observation, most people I know take the boards in July. A few take them in June and some wait until August to sit for these tests. Plenty of people work as grad interns while preparing, but they usually get paid half of what a pharmacist earns. They also have less time to prepare for NAPLEX/MPJE because of their work hours and wanting to relax after work. From what I have heard, the chains also give you anywhere from 60-90 days after graduation to get licensed before they rescind their offer for full-time pharmacist employment.

Last edited:
I took the NYS Part 3 in June, Naplex in the first week of July and the MPJE in the 2nd week of July. I'd recommend for anyone taking the NYS Part 3 to take it in January first just in case you fail. I only passed the NYS Part 3 by 1 point.

Motion to ignore all these questions because the OP is an obvious lonely nerd and has to friends in his class to ask them.
Dunno about your school, but as a P4 on rotation, I hardly ever see classmates. If I do, it's going out to get a drink or something, and I'd rather not talk pharmacy when I'm out.