After Prepharmacy...

Started by tred1293
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tred1293

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently a senior in high school and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a question I had. Let's say I was to attend Temple University for Prepharmacy next fall and after two years my gpa and pcats don't get me into temple's pharmacy, which is very likely.

What pharmacy schools would I be able to apply to? Every time I've asked this question I get the same answer, "You need to complete whatever the schools prerequisites are that you are applying to". Alright I understand that.

But what pharmacy schools have the same prerequisites as temple? Any that you know of? Or do you know anybody that was in this type of scenario and what did they do? I was researching a little about Pitt Johnstown for prepharmacy and their students have gotten into pharmacy schools at temple, Wilkes, usp, duquesne, ect. http://www.upj.pitt.edu/22641/

That gives me the answer for pitt johnstown, but anyone know anything about Temple?
 
I'm currently a senior in high school and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a question I had. Let's say I was to attend Temple University for Prepharmacy next fall and after two years my gpa and pcats don't get me into temple's pharmacy, which is very likely.

What pharmacy schools would I be able to apply to? Every time I've asked this question I get the same answer, "You need to complete whatever the schools prerequisites are that you are applying to". Alright I understand that.

But what pharmacy schools have the same prerequisites as temple? Any that you know of? Or do you know anybody that was in this type of scenario and what did they do? I was researching a little about Pitt Johnstown for prepharmacy and their students have gotten into pharmacy schools at temple, Wilkes, usp, duquesne, ect. http://www.upj.pitt.edu/22641/

That gives me the answer for pitt johnstown, but anyone know anything about Temple?

I'm not sure about Temple, I know they have more pre-requisites than other paths I've seen.

I pretty much used this: http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/thedirectory.htm

It shows what the pre-pharm courseworks are, average GPA's, etc. It has a lot of info and it helped me out a lot!
 
I'm not sure about Temple, I know they have more pre-requisites than other paths I've seen.

I pretty much used this: http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/thedirectory.htm

It shows what the pre-pharm courseworks are, average GPA's, etc. It has a lot of info and it helped me out a lot!

👍

This is exactly what I would recommend. If you don't have a specific list of schools you're interested in, this link will at least tell you what schools you qualify for with the credits you have.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would also suggest:

http://www.aacp.org/resources/student/pharmacyforyou/admissions/Documents/2011_12_PSAR_school%20narrative.pdf
(Some general information and shows prerequisites for each school)


http://www.aacp.org/resources/acade...12 FINAL PharmacyPre-RequisiteInformation.pdf
(Chart showing prerequisites for each school. The "Total # Required" row gives you an idea of how many pharmacy schools require the course)


http://www.aacp.org/resources/student/pharmacyforyou/admissions/Pages/PSAR.aspx
(Pretty much all the documents on this page are very helpful/informative. Has good information about each school)
 
Last edited: