after the match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aerodivya

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so what is the procedure for getting into a higher rank school after the match? when does the waitlist start moving and how much headway do they usually get into that list?

congrats to all of you soon-to-be doctors!

Members don't see this ad.

so what is the procedure for getting into a higher rank school after the match? when does the waitlist start moving and how much headway do they usually get into that list?

congrats to all of you soon-to-be doctors!

It completely depends on the school. Some schools admit a lot of people of the waitlist, some only a few.

Waitlist movement starts after May 15th, when applicants with multiple acceptances must pick one school.

Members don't see this ad :)
no actually but my roomate is. she has really incredible stats and matched lower on her list than she would have liked. so i'm wondering what are her chances of moving up and when she'd know.

oz, the reason i phrased it first person is b/c its pretty trite to be like "well i have this friend..."

though, in effect, i guess that's what i just did.

oz, the reason i phrased it first person is b/c its pretty trite to be like "well i have this friend..."

That's fine, when I read the post, though, I was confused because I thought you were talking about a residency match. Texas is the only state that uses a match program for med schools afaik. The non-Texas people may not understand the post.

There are massive Texas threads on here who can probably answer your question quickly.