TMDSAS Match with IA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dosh24

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to give those who may be applying with an academic dishonesty IA some hope. I matched to a Texas medical school this morning! The IA does not have to be the nail in the coffin for your application; I grew from my mistake and thoroughly conveyed that in my application and interview. Stories of other applicants who overcame their IA were few and far between on SDN and Reddit, so I wanted to pay it forward because those posts gave me the courage to go ahead and give it my best shot. PM me if you have any questions.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Wanted to give those who may be applying with an academic dishonesty IA some hope. I matched to a Texas medical school this morning! The IA does not have to be the nail in the coffin for your application; I grew from my mistake and thoroughly conveyed that in my application and interview. Stories of other applicants who overcame their IA were few and far between on SDN and Reddit, so I wanted to pay it forward because those posts gave me the courage to go ahead and give it my best shot. PM me if you have any questions.
Congrats on the offer of admission!

Not all IAs are the same. It might be helpful to describe the category into which this fell. In no particular order:

Error in citing works in a paper or lab
Helping someone who was cheating (knowingly or unknowingly)
Cheating that resulted in a lower grade
Cheating that resulted in failing the course

Reactions: 1 users
Yes of course. Mine was cheating that resulted in a zero for the exam.

Reactions: 1 user