After you are accepted...??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.who

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be out of the country for a while and am hoping some acceptances are granted to me before or during the time I am gone. I am concerned about snail mail acceptances that arrive at my parents' house while I am gone, so I pose the following questions to those of you who have already received acceptances:

What do schools that email and/or send snail mail acceptances expect you to do? I assume you have three options - accept, delay, or reject - but how is this conveyed to the school? Are many schools OK with email as a mode of communicating this stuff?

What else should I be aware of and plan for the time I will be gone?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Send them a 100$ deposit within two weeks of acceptance letter/email if you're attending; or let them know if you decided to do otherwise

They send you a form to fill out and sign saying that you accept. You have to send this form back with an original signature. I haven't come across a med school that allows you to accept electronically. You generally have limited time to return this signed form, say 2 weeks, and some schools not all, ask for a deposit, money order or check.

Some but not all schools require deposits. I think the quickest turnover for action I've seen was 2 weeks, and longest was 30 days (and some require no further action whatsoever).