Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

After you are accepted...??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr.who, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Dr.who

Dr.who Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I will be out of the country for a while and am hoping some acceptances are granted to me before or during the time I am gone. I am concerned about snail mail acceptances that arrive at my parents' house while I am gone, so I pose the following questions to those of you who have already received acceptances:

What do schools that email and/or send snail mail acceptances expect you to do? I assume you have three options - accept, delay, or reject - but how is this conveyed to the school? Are many schools OK with email as a mode of communicating this stuff?

What else should I be aware of and plan for the time I will be gone?

Thanks.

2. Vano

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Send them a 100$ deposit within two weeks of acceptance letter/email if you're attending; or let them know if you decided to do otherwise

3. NN11

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    They send you a form to fill out and sign saying that you accept. You have to send this form back with an original signature. I haven't come across a med school that allows you to accept electronically. You generally have limited time to return this signed form, say 2 weeks, and some schools not all, ask for a deposit, money order or check.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HumbleMD

HumbleMD hmmmm...
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Some but not all schools require deposits. I think the quickest turnover for action I've seen was 2 weeks, and longest was 30 days (and some require no further action whatsoever).