AGGGH...I dont like the AADSAS...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3puttinHacker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application was sent back b/c apparently you are suppose to put the number/letters after the departmenal prefix....instead of GLST 101GM..i had GLST 101. This is a pain in the butt......ok sorry i had to vent a little ha

So real question how much longer is this going to delay my verification?

Members don't see this ad.

damn thats rough! didn't you look at the examples?

It will set you back like two days if you respond right away, it happened to me on the June 17th I fixed it that day and had my GPA by the 19th. If you wait though you go to the back of the line.

Members don't see this ad :)
Taken from AADSAS instructions in the coursework section:

"Course Prefix and Number

Enter the course Prefix and Number exactly as it appears on the official transcript (e.g. CHEM 101)."

I don't see where it says it must be entered that way. It says "exactly how it appears on your transcript"

Is OP wrong or am I about to E-submit an application thats going to be returned to me?:confused::confused::confused:

Taken from AADSAS instructions in the coursework section:

"Course Prefix and Number

Enter the course Prefix and Number exactly as it appears on the official transcript (e.g. CHEM 101)."

I don't see where it says it must be entered that way. It says "exactly how it appears on your transcript"

Is OP wrong or am I about to E-submit an application thats going to be returned to me?:confused::confused::confused:

Yea thats why I did CHEM 101...but on your official or unoffical transcript either should work it will show that along with something like CHEM 101 G1....you need to add the G1 onto the completed course work per the words of the nice AADSAS lady I talked to!

Yea thats why I did CHEM 101...but on your official or unoffical transcript either should work it will show that along with something like CHEM 101 G1....you need to add the G1 onto the completed course work per the words of the nice AADSAS lady I talked to!

yikes! i was about to submit too! so those extra two letters on my transcript count as like the section number of the class pertaining to whatever time of day i took it -- that needs to be in there too??

sorry, im confused.

?????

what is the G1?

mine are all listed like CHE 101 which is EXACTLY how it appears on my transcript?? :confused:

yikes! i was about to submit too! so those extra two letters on my transcript count as like the section number of the class pertaining to whatever time of day i took it -- that needs to be in there too??

It f'sho does!

can someone please clarify ??? WHAT am I supposed to put in the coursework section???? im confused. What the hell is G1?? Is this maybe only the OP's school and CHEM 101 totally legit for most other people??? I was planning on E-submitting tommorow....

can someone please clarify ??? WHAT am I supposed to put in the coursework section???? im confused. What the hell is G1?? Is this maybe only the OP's school and CHEM 101 totally legit for most other people??? I was planning on E-submitting tommorow....

ditto. WHAT is G1?

Ha, while that's funny... I'd still really like to know what the G1 is transcript-wise. I've already submitted so I guess it doesn't really matter because I'll find out if I did it wrong one way or another....

and can someone please tell me what "credits: enter the number of credits attempted for this course"

I put 0.5 for a half credit and it says I did it wrong. I dont know how to convert from full yr course and half yr courses into semester hours! Please helpppppppppp.....

How's that confusing?!
They say enter your information exactly as it appears on your transcripts. Don't get creative adding spaces or using lowercase, when you need to use uppercase letters. Go to your admissions and records office and request an unofficial copy of your transcripts, put it in front of you, and enter exactly what you see on that piece of paper. The same thing will be mailed out to AADSAS. So, if you do so, there's no chance they'll find any discrepancy between what you entered and what appears on your transcript, which means your application will be fine. I did the same thing and my application was mailed out on 6/29 without any problems whatsoever!
There's a course description (Example: INTRO TO CHEMISTRY) and then there's a course number and a departmental prefix which go together (Example: CHEM 12). When they say enter exactly what you see, you can't decide to drop the "CHEM" and only enter the "12." It's really not that hard to comprehend.

^^^yes, just enter everything EXACTLY as it appears.

I had to convert my grades as well from the 0.5/1.0 credit system. I called AADSAS and the lady told me that all Canadian schools need to convert their credits.

0.5 credits = 3 credit hours
1.0 credits = 6 credit hours

I did this as soon as I got the email and within hours my application was verified and mailed out.

As for entering course codes, just enter it exactly the way it appears on your transcript and there shouldnt be a problem. If there still is then I would suggest calling AADSAS.

Thank u!!!!!

I had to convert my grades as well from the 0.5/1.0 credit system. I called AADSAS and the lady told me that all Canadian schools need to convert their credits.

0.5 credits = 3 credit hours
1.0 credits = 6 credit hours

I did this as soon as I got the email and within hours my application was verified and mailed out.

As for entering course codes, just enter it exactly the way it appears on your transcript and there shouldnt be a problem. If there still is then I would suggest calling AADSAS.