License Infraction (AADSAS) 100MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JASHt

Reaction score
Hello,

On the AADSAS application (and other pre-med applications) there is a question that asks:

"Have you ever had any certification, registration, license or clinical privileges revoked, suspended or in any way restricted by an institution, state or locality?"

In which you are able to answer "yes/no," with the yes option eliciting further explanation by the applicant. Technically speaking, I recently had my drivers license suspended for excessive speed (over 100mph), and this was classified as an infraction (NOT misdemeanor/felony) under California Law and thus will not appear on any criminal records/criminal background checks. I have consulted physicians that I personally know, and the uniform consensus is that this question is worded poorly and only pertains to a professional licence being suspended.

I have contacted the AADSAS support team, and they provided a rather vague answer that did not confirm nor deny this (They basically said that I have the option to say yes/no and recited the question)

Does anyone here have definite knowledge of this question on the AADSAS? On one side of the coin, I do not mind reporting this if the question is specifically asking for it, but I also do not want to readily volunteer this information if I am not required to. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, this question usually addresses professional certifications, not traffic violations.

Give feedback to the Help document.

Old post for example

Reactions: 1 users