frogger33

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
So I have been home ALL DAY and decided to go to the gym for an hour. Well... I just missed a certified letter from NOVA and now I cannot pick it up until tomorrow after 3pm

Now my hopes are up (I am waitlisted at UF and NOVA would be my first acceptance so I am going crazy). Do they send certified rejection letters, or should my hopes be up??? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

tam0026

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
jacksonville, Fl
Status
frogger33 said:
So I have been home ALL DAY and decided to go to the gym for an hour. Well... I just missed a certified letter from NOVA and now I cannot pick it up until tomorrow after 3pm

Now my hopes are up (I am waitlisted at UF and NOVA would be my first acceptance so I am going crazy). Do they send certified rejection letters, or should my hopes be up??? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

I was accepted to nova and got a certified letter in the mail. I'm not sure about rejection letters...but the envelope was thin, so it could look like a rejection letter. When i interviewed, they told us we could call and find out our status, then we got the letter in the mail a week later.

spc213

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2005
Georgia
Status
Dentist
frogger33 said:
Do they send certified rejection letters, or should my hopes be up??? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!
Their rejection letters are not sent certified. They were kind enough to send mine early via parcel post, so on NOV30 I had my first rejection. Based upon my experience, your hopes should be way up! Congratulations. :thumbup:

Good luck.

IWuvTeef

Dentist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Status
Dentist
frogger33 said:

good luck, it sounds exciting. my friend got rejected from Nova and it was sent via regular mail...

let us know tomorrow! :D :) :thumbup:

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
Cleveland (ON, Can)
Visit site
Status
Dentist
tam0026 said:
I was accepted to nova and got a certified letter in the mail. I'm not sure about rejection letters...but the envelope was thin, so it could look like a rejection letter. When i interviewed, they told us we could call and find out our status, then we got the letter in the mail a week later.
It would be very thoughtful for NOVA to give you a certified rejection letter so that they will know for sure you will acknowledge the official rejection! :p

Congratulations on the acceptance! :thumbup:

jk5177

Just Kidding
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
Oregon
Status
Dentist
UCLA also send certified letters to ensure its reception, so it would make sense that NOVA is sending you a letter of acceptance even though I know you don't want to get your hopes too high just in case you get rejected, but I believe it is safe to do so.
Sweet dreams tonight.

airvent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2004
Status
lol :)

Its looking good, but its gonna seem like a long wait until 3:00 tomorrow.

EkksDee

-xD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2005
Status
i..i...i...THINK its gonna be good!! :luck: :thumbup: :p

OP
F

frogger33

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
Thanks Guys!! :D :D

I cannot wait so I called the post office and I can pick up the letter there first thing in the morning. Wish me luck and I will let you know once I know.

Also, those that have not yet been accepted to a dental school keep your hopes up, cuase I felt like giving up, but now there is hope!!

Good luck !!! :luck:

OP
F

frogger33

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
agrrrr said:
I thought you were asking for my help...

Hahaha.....

That is pretty funny!!! Well you guys were all right and I GOT INTO NOVA (wahoooo!). Sorry, but the first acceptance is pretty exciting. :D

Good Luck to everyone still waiting to hear!! :luck:

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
Cleveland (ON, Can)
Visit site
Status
Dentist
frogger33 said:
Hahaha.....

That is pretty funny!!! Well you guys were all right and I GOT INTO NOVA (wahoooo!). Sorry, but the first acceptance is pretty exciting. :D

Congrats again, finally we can close the book on this mystery!

IWuvTeef

Dentist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Status
Dentist
frogger33 said:
Hahaha.....

:clap: :hardy: :love: :luck: :thumbup:

Way to go!!! Now, breathe in a big sigh of relief!

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
frogger33 said:
Hahaha.....

You da man, and also very lucky, go out a get drunker than skunk.

HD

OP
F

frogger33

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
hockeydentist said:

HD
Yes... That is my exact plan for the night ;)
Thanks again for all your help guys... you all are AWSOME!!

TX Hopeful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2004
Status
hockeydentist said:

HD

I second that!

Congrats...I bet it's one of the best feelings in the world. Hopefully, I'll be saying the same next year.

mccarth2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2004
Tampa, FL
Status
That's funny the same thing happened to my friend yesterday, and his was an acceptance :D I got some alarming news from him though. He said the tuition per year was in the 50's. :eek: I had always thought it was 31K, or is the 31K per semester. Thanks for anyone that can let me know. Congrats by the way. Nova is a great school and I'm sure you will be happy there :)

jk5177

Just Kidding
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
Oregon
Status
Dentist
frogger33 said:
Hahaha.....

YES! IT'S GOOD TO HEAR THAT IT WORKED OUT WELL FOR YOU!!!

So what do you plan to do now?

OP
F

frogger33

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
Yes, The tuition at NOVA is $31,000, but after factoring in books, intruments, living cost in south fl, car insurance, etc.... you are looking at $50,000.

As of now I plan on accepting, but if by chance I got into UF too, then I would have some thinking to do. UF tuition is only $14,000 a year, so I would have to really think about it. It would be hard becuase I truely LOVED both schools soooo much (and for different reasons).

However, I have only been accepted to NOVA and I am sooo happy to go there!!! The school is beautifull, the people were wonderful and the facilities were amazing!! I am just so thankful that I was accepted and have the opportunity to complete my dream... ya know!! :D

The Godfather

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2004
Status
Dentist
frogger33 said:
Hahaha.....

Rock on Frogger33!!! :thumbup:

jk5177

Just Kidding
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
Oregon
Status
Dentist
Frogger:

You got in with a 16 on the PAT?

OP
F

frogger33

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
jk5177 said:
Frogger:

You got in with a 16 on the PAT?

Yup sure did!!! I think my GPA made up for it though. I had a 4.0 post bac (science GPA). I also won some awards in college for my ceramic peices, so I think that also proved that I can work with my hands eventhough the PAT was NOT my thing. Actually, neither of the schools I interviewd at said anything about my PAT score, and I thought for sure that it would come up??? I guess it just goes to show that you never really know what they are looking for (thank god in my case) :)

The Godfather

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2004
Status
Dentist
frogger33 said:
Yup sure did!!! I think my GPA made up for it though. I had a 4.0 post bac (science GPA). I also won some awards in college for my ceramic peices, so I think that also proved that I can work with my hands eventhough the PAT was NOT my thing. Actually, neither of the schools I interviewd at said anything about my PAT score, and I thought for sure that it would come up??? I guess it just goes to show that you never really know what they are looking for (thank god in my case) :)
Hey if you are Nova bound, you gotta go to Cafe Martorano Italian restaurant down by the beach. It is, without a doubt, the best Italian I've ever had. Everything's fresh and tastes like it's made from scratch and the chef/owner serves up good hearty family-style portions. You'll drop some coin, but damn, it is worth every penny. Hey, the Soprano's cast eats there when in town - its gotta be good! (insider's tip - you can get full dining at the bar (the wait is usually 2 hours for a table)). Boy, I'm getting hungry. Time for some lunch!

OP
F

frogger33

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
Thanks Godfather that sounds sooo yummy!! I absolutely LOVE italian so I will HAVE to try this place out. I am ready for lunch now :)

mccarth2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2004
Tampa, FL
Status
I'm not sure if it's true, but the admissions officer told my friend that no one had rejected their acceptances yet to Nova and he got accepted just this past week. Sounds a little weird to me, but I think that they look at the whole package when they interview at Nova because although my friends DAT scores weren't that great he has an amazing personality so I'm sure that showed through during his interview. Congrats again frogger. :thumbup: Yay Nova :D