• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

ironhill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
what do i do!? i went to the doc and got a z-pack...but ahhh i wasn't nervous until i woke up feeling like ****!!!

tredici

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
doctors don't get sick. you better just quit now.

and z-paks make me a bit sick, so maybe you're just having some additional side effects.

About the Ads

PlayMeSomeMusic

Always waiting...
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2007
NOLA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
doctors don't get sick. you better just quit now.

and z-paks make me a bit sick, so maybe you're just having some additional side effects.

Well seeing as we aren't doctors yet we haven't built up our tolerance to every sickness causing agent nearly as well...

nutster

Rarrr!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
pseudoephredrine

Diphenhydramine...that way you have an excuse for being a discombobulated mess during your interview. Your interviewer will say "what the hell is the matter with you?" Say Benadryl and they'll go "Oh. OK."

TMP-SMX

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Better living through chemistry as my biochemist cousin says...

Anyway, drink plenty of juice and fluids. Drink some tea. If you have a sore throat gargle with half hydrogen peroxide/water, listerine, and salt. Most of all.. Sleep, rest, and relax.

ltrain

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2004
Status (Visible)

Anyway, drink plenty of juice and fluids. Drink some tea. If you have a sore throat gargle with half hydrogen peroxide/water, listerine, and salt. Most of all.. Sleep, rest, and relax.

Your handle cracks me up every time I see it. Have a particular love for bactrim?

ironhill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

really?that's quite a mix! i just started on the zpack today...and i tiook an echinacea and vit c....i just need to calm my nerves...idon't want to be THAT kid that can't stop coughing! andi don't want to reschedule cuz that's practically giving away my seat so late in the game. blaaaaaaaaaaaah

gotmeds?

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I've been in the same situation. Pop some Dayquil and fake it.

JourneyToMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
Hey-- if this will make you feel any better...

One day before my interview at my absolutely TOP CHOICE school of all time, I came down with a fever, massive headache, and a cough. I got on a plane that made 2 stops across the country, arrived in a single-digit temperature city, and felt nauseous and gross. Oh but wait...

The bus doesn't stop there.

I wake up the next morning after sleeping a whopping 3 hours, and... what do you know? I can't open my eyes. I contracted some sort of conjunctivitis, and now my right eyelid is swollen like a bee with a massive prick stung it. To make matters worse, the whites of my eyes are bloodshot, and I still feel sick.

But hey, I got some Visine, drank some OJ, and I was good to go.

Good luck!

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I've been in the same situation. Pop some Dayquil and fake it.
Second this. I did this when I had a bad cold and interviewed in Chicago.

OP- I think you'll find that adrenalin on game day will do wonders to help you get through it. Then you'll find yourself crashing hard after.

Good luck!

EBI831

legend in the making
10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2006
Chi-town royalty
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
make up some story about how your fam and friends and physician cautioned you to stay home but the med school meant so much to you that were unwilling to not show up for your interview. if possible work up a little fainting during the tour...works every time. haha but in all reality, hope you get well. i have a crappy stomach and i've been to interviews when i've stayed w/ fam friends the day before and been forced to eat some of the most impossible stuff and been in panic mode the entire interview that my word vomit would turn into actual vomit (mean girls reference).

pyrois

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2006
Berkeley, CA
Status (Visible)
what do i do!? i went to the doc and got a z-pack...but ahhh i wasn't nervous until i woke up feeling like ****!!!

A bit late on the reply, but you'll do just fine. I was sick at every single one of my interviews (I kid you not). Heck, not only was I sick, but right before my first round of interviews I had a huuuuuge acne breakout. Probably due to excessive sleep deprivation from finals not long before, but I could not have looked/sounded/felt any worse than when I went on interview, and everybody was very understanding despite me declining handshakes because I didn't want to spread my germs around.

I think I had a jolly rancher in my mouth while I was talking to one of my interviewers:p They accepted me though:)

*edit*

Oh, you're already done:p Well great to hear that you survived:) I'm sure you'll do well.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Im sick too! But i don't have an interview today/tomorrow.

See could be worse

Rowdy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
I threw up at ECU (in a bathroom at least) on my interview day.

I win.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.