AHHHH help me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

italian831

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else's score in standstill mode? my score fluctuates in each subject, but can't seem to go above a 20...please...any helpful advice...ENCOURAGING advice...nothing like GIVE UP please haha

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

italian831 said:
Anyone else's score in standstill mode? my score fluctuates in each subject, but can't seem to go above a 20...please...any helpful advice...ENCOURAGING advice...nothing like GIVE UP please haha

thanks!

I m in your boat.

ALL WE GOTTA do is STUDY. Seriously STUDY like mad people and SACRIFICE..

PM me if you want to be on aim and check on each other hourly basis if we are still burning our asses or going astray.

One thing I know for sure is its very doable. I have a friend who jumped from a 19 in her first diag to a 37...no kidding.

tik-tik-clock said:
I m in your boat.

ALL WE GOTTA do is STUDY. Seriously STUDY like mad people and SACRIFICE..

PM me if you want to be on aim and check on each other hourly basis if we are still burning our asses or going astray.

One thing I know for sure is its very doable. I have a friend who jumped from a 19 in her first diag to a 37...no kidding.

Same here, i seriously have to find a way to kick ass in biology. I thought bio was my best subject, but it turns out that physics is, and i think my verbal is going straight to **** haha. im gonna re-read biology and then hopefully on the real MCAT i will concentrate soooooo freaking hard on what im reading that ill get a good score on the MCAT. Im really rooting for at least a 24. PLEASE GODDDDDDD GIVE ME AT LEAST A 24 ON MY MCAT!!!!

italian831 said:

thanks!
I would never advise anyone to give up if medicine is what you really want to do. But at the same time, I don't think you should take the MCAT yet if you aren't consistently scoring in the mid-20s range by the time test day rolls around. You have a few options that seem rational to me:

1) Keep studying and practicing for the next few weeks to see if your scores go up. If you haven't been studying much up until now, this may work out for you.

2) Postpone taking the test until January. You will lose some time and money this way, but it's worth it IMO to avoid having a 20 score on your record. Remember that you should never take the MCAT just to see how you do; those old scores apparently stay on your record for decades. Ideally it is best if you can just take the MCAT once and do well the first time.

3) Change your application strategy to include Caribbean schools or others that don't require the MCAT, and target US schools that don't emphasize the MCAT as much. This would work best if the rest of your app (grades, ECs, LORs, etc.) are all stellar, and you just have the MCAT as your one Achilles heel.

I hope these ideas are helpful, and best of luck to you guys. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
you can do it guys! i'm coming from a 17 on my first and trying to break the mid-twenties...my unsatisfactory scores just encourage me to study harder. try to block out all those who are getting 45's on their practice tests and focus your energy on one subject at a time (don't let your thoughts wander).

i'm doing august hell or high water.. i'll just postpone again if i wait longer...i know because i was aiming for april :>

add me to your aim/email group by PM'ing me... 'ight? we gotta stick together; we will regulate any slacking... now study ...chop chop... :rolleyes:

It seems like everyone is in the same boat as me :( ....Please let me know how things turn out.

i know it's really frustrating... but I'd recommend maybe staying away from this website for a while. I think that's what I'm going to do, because I know it makes me feel like I'm not matching up to everyone else around me. and that's not going to help me get my scores up, actually studying and mastering the material will.

luckycharms08 said:
i know it's really frustrating... but I'd recommend maybe staying away from this website for a while. I think that's what I'm going to do, because I know it makes me feel like I'm not matching up to everyone else around me. and that's not going to help me get my scores up, actually studying and mastering the material will.
Hey Luckcharms,

I haven't seen you around for a while. How is the studying going? Are you through EK yet? Have you taken a PT yet?

Hi I was in the same situation. I took the mcat in april and I didn't do many practice tests and did horrible. I felt I knew EVERYTHING in the princeton review books but it wasn't enough. what I learned is that in order to do well on the mcat it takes more than knowledge of the material.....do as MANY practice tests as you can get your hands on. The mcat is trick on purpose so you need to become familiar with the wording and know the tricks and that comes from practice. Study and do tests and you will c an improvement, I did. Good luck. I still need to find a tactic that works better for verbal though =(

THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR OPENING THIS POST. i m also on same boat cant freakin increase the damn score. itz hard to deal with stuff. i been hearing that take many practice test as you can before the real deal. So my plan is to by end of this coming week Review everything in EK BOOKS inside out and starting Sunday ( 7/30 ) i m planning to take 1 Practice Exam every other day. i hope this worksss. Let me know guys.

AWhitehair said:
Hey Luckcharms,

I haven't seen you around for a while. How is the studying going? Are you through EK yet? Have you taken a PT yet?

I've been lurking :rolleyes: Studying... is.... not going so well. I'm in the EK class so I'm not through the material yet but I think I'm going to pick up the pace and aim to be done with all of it by the end of next week (by August 5th basically... which is my next full length)

I just took EK 2f and got a 27 :( (after getting a 30 on AAMC 5r and a 24 on EK 1g) The EK exams are really tough and for some reason they put passages on there that are completely on stuff we haven't even looked at yet . It's pretty demoralizing, I think I'm just going to take the AAMC ones from now on instead. The EK ones are hard, which is probably good for review, but I don't think I want to take them until I've completed the sciences review. plus I think it's just more important to take the AAMC ones.

but yeah, overall I just feel like I have too much material to cover and not enough time... how is it going for you? are you still on schedule or are you trying to accelerate through it too?

luckycharms08 said:
I've been lurking :rolleyes: Studying... is.... not going so well. I'm in the EK class so I'm not through the material yet but I think I'm going to pick up the pace and aim to be done with all of it by the end of next week (by August 5th basically... which is my next full length)

I just took EK 2f and got a 27 :( (after getting a 30 on AAMC 5r and a 24 on EK 1g) The EK exams are really tough and for some reason they put passages on there that are completely on stuff we haven't even looked at yet . It's pretty demoralizing, I think I'm just going to take the AAMC ones from now on instead. The EK ones are hard, which is probably good for review, but I don't think I want to take them until I've completed the sciences review. plus I think it's just more important to take the AAMC ones.

but yeah, overall I just feel like I have too much material to cover and not enough time... how is it going for you? are you still on schedule or are you trying to accelerate through it too?
I am still on schedule, but I completely cut out the mini's. Waste of money IMO, but oh well. I took 3R yesterday and got a 27 (9/8/10) so I am hoping that after I finish covering the material and get my timing down on VR I will be in the thirties. We'll see!