ahhhhhh! help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Su4n2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know this sounds crazy- but if i apply to NYCOM on Fri, is there any chance or is it too late? i am not lazy, i had different plans for next year that are not feasable anymore, and i was going to apply for 2004. i already had let. of rec. ready. can i still do it, or would i be given an interview (BIG IF) in apr? my scores are so-so and i will be studying to retake the MCAT in april. thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

Technically no, the deadline is Feb 1. But it would take a bit of time since you have to go through the whole AACOMAS application.

I think at this point I would wait till next year and vastly improve your chances

anyone else?
is there someone at NYCOM that i can call to ask this question other then a secretary? thanx, susan

personally, I don't think there is any harm in applying. I say go for it. If you don't get in because you are late in the process, then oh well. But if you don't apply...then you obviosly have no chance.

the only reservation I would have is if you don't get in and then next year you will be considered a reapplicant. That in itself is not a bad thing. But your reapplicant status would be contingent upon the fact that you applied to one school late in the process. So if you were to get in nowhere next year also, then the "third year" of applying would be a negative at some schools.