airports in Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carizma12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone who went to the ICO interview! Which airport is better/cheaper? I know there is Midway and O'hare? Not sure which one to pick when booking my flights! Can anyone help?

Members don't see this ad.

If you can chose.. go with Midway. It is closer and less busy. O'Hare is huge and notorious for late or cancelled flights. However, since Midway is smaller, it might be hard to find flights that fly to that airport.

From O'Hare to the school taxi is about $47. I suggest take the shuttle to the school for $25. If you give them the address and they say it's too far, then tell them it's the Illinois Institute of Tech because the school is across the street from there and the shuttle thinks ICO is too far. Which is really weird.

thanks!

I would like to fly in to Midway - but its a lot expensive there.. couple hundred dollar difference.

How much does it cost to get from Midway to the school - since it is closer?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks!

I would like to fly in to Midway - but its a lot expensive there.. couple hundred dollar difference.

How much does it cost to get from Midway to the school - since it is closer?

Have you considered SouthWest, midway is their hub and they're usually pretty cheap?

If you're adventurous enough, getting to the school from midway would only be $2 by taking the el (subway train thing...) and thats only one transfer and there is a station a short block away from school. I think it takes about 30 min. But only consider taking the train if you're arriving during the day.

Otherwise, by cab, it could really vary depending on traffic, but it would certainly be cheaper to go by cab from midway than o'hare.

Have you considered SouthWest, midway is their hub and they're usually pretty cheap?

If you're adventurous enough, getting to the school from midway would only be $2 by taking the el (subway train thing...) and thats only one transfer and there is a station a short block away from school. I think it takes about 30 min. But only consider taking the train if you're arriving during the day.

Otherwise, by cab, it could really vary depending on traffic, but it would certainly be cheaper to go by cab from midway than o'hare.

By "adventurous" you mean carrying your overnight bag running around the snow/rain or whatever Chicago weather decides to give you :D

I use to live in Chicago, and I suggest paying the cab fee if you don't live around there. I'm sure you're stressed about getting to the interview and if your directions are as bad as mine... take the cab! :)