Akt 18

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smalltowntxgasdoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Approaching the AKT 18 exam, and wanted some advice. For the critical care, ambulatory and pacu directed questions, what sources shoud I use to focus my studies. Any other advice for these sections? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously. I'm suprised a CA2 would ask about studying for an AKT.

I think that you should prepare for any exam that you sit. From my days as an IM intern I remember that an intern interested in cardiology would learn everything about that topic way before they became a fellow. Many pgy-1 people in anesthesia have been told not to stress out about learning anesthesia during their internship. This is bad advice.

Likewise, a strong showing on the AKT-18 is a nice self confidence booster and will give you an idea of the effectiveness of your reading.

A given anesthesia residency program will teach you how to deliver a safe anesthetic. You have to pass the ABA exam on your own. Preparation for the ABA exam should start before day one. I realize that some will label my views as being extreme.

Cambie