Alabama State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDPT16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received any information from ASU? I called them yesterday, and I had little to no help from the lady in the office.

Members don't see this ad.

The only email I had received (before I contacted them) was in January, letting me know they were reviewing my application.

I contacted them a couple of weeks ago because I wanted to see the school. I scheduled a tour, even though they aren't holding interviews. Based on old threads I've seen, they don't let applicants know of acceptance until pretty late, like April.

The only email I had received (before I contacted them) was in January, letting me know they were reviewing my application.

I contacted them a couple of weeks ago because I wanted to see the school. I scheduled a tour, even though they aren't holding interviews. Based on old threads I've seen, they don't let applicants know of acceptance until pretty late, like April.
Gees... That is so late. I received the same email in January, but I figured they would have sent out more information by now. How was the tour? I live three hours away, and I have thought about scheduling a tour as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know, it stinks. But maybe they will start letting people know in March!!

I called ASU today to ask about information. They didn't really have an answer for anything. But I got in contact with a friend who is a student at ASU, and she told me that it would probably be a couple of weeks. She said that she received her acceptance at the end of March.

I had my tour and they gave me the same timeline (around March). I was so pleasantly surprised by my tour. Everyone was so sweet, helpful, and very welcoming. Every question I had got answered!

If I hear anything else, I'll post!

I had my tour and they gave me the same timeline (around March). I was so pleasantly surprised by my tour. Everyone was so sweet, helpful, and very welcoming. Every question I had got answered!

If I hear anything else, I'll post!
That's awesome! Same here.

No, but my stomach took a few turns when I saw that someone had posted.

I sent another email last week asking if it would be earlier rather than later this month we would find out. No reply though...

Have you heard anything?

I called yesterday. They told me that the committee was meeting this week (I feel like every time I call that is what they are doing lol). I asked if acceptances would be sent out by the end of the month. And she said "I'm not sure. It may be a little later." They are killing me lol.

Later?!?! I have 2 scholarships applications for graduate school that are due in the next two weeks, but I have to know where I am going before I can apply

Later?!?! I have 2 scholarships applications for graduate school that are due in the next two weeks, but I have to know where I am going before I can apply
Yup... Every time I call I get upset. I just want a deadline of when I should expect news that is good/bad. I know UAB and USA in Alabama have already conducted interviews and started accepting applicants. I don't know how ASU is so behind.

Has anyone received any updates? The suspense is killing me. I have spring break next week, and I wish they would give me good/bad news this week haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just need to know so I don't get nervous every time my phone rings or when I check my emails.

I called before spring break, and they gave me some information. She said that the staff and the admission committee were meeting during spring break. Also, she told me to call back Monday for more information. I'm assuming they will call or email this week (Assuming is the key word) lol. I asked if they are going to send out snail mail, and she said not at this point. So I believe it will be a phone call or email. She apologized a lot on the phone for the wait. Maybe we will all get in :) Oh! What are everyone's stats?

Did they tell you anything today when you called back?
She told me "I still don't have any information. The committee will be the only people who send out emails/phone calls." Also, I asked if emails/calls would be sent out this week, and she said she still had no information. So... I'm not sure what to think lol.

I also called today. It was so frustrating! She kept repeating "Only admissions committee will know because they will directly contact you". She wasn't enthused with me asking for a time range.

I also called today. It was so frustrating! She kept repeating "Only admissions committee will know because they will directly contact you". She wasn't enthused with me asking for a time range.
Haha I feel your pain. I know it has to be rough to be in her position. She has to get a ton of calls from students asking the same question. I just wish the committee would let us know a date to expect something. Tomorrow, Friday, April... Anything will do at this point.

Ok. I am not sure if this news is 100% accurate or not, but it came from one of the current students in ASU's program. I believe they are holding off on telling us any information/acceptance news until mid April. So I guess we are going to have to stick it out a good bit longer. This wait will be the death of me. :bang:

Why would they do that?! I honestly don't understand the logic behind that.

Why would they do that?! I honestly don't understand the logic behind that.
Your guess is good as mine. I was going to call today, but I know what the answer will be. I'm hoping that the person who told me the info was misinformed. But they have been spot on with all of their other info on the program.

Sorry for posting this so often, but I am going to ask again. Any updates?

Just got a call!! I'm accepted!!!!! so excited
That's awesome!!! I just received a tour from Ms. Watkins. She told me that calls and emails were sent out yesterday. She stated that you have 24 hours to accept/decline. So I'm hoping for a call/email between now or next week. *fingers crossed*

I am also getting worried. I have heard nothing.

Hopefully they are just gonna contact everybody throughout the week.

I wish they would send out an email informing us if we are on a wait list.

I guess next week will be the deciding factor. Mrs. Watkins said that we should have been contacted about something last week, or this upcoming week. If I hear anything I'll let everyone know. Good luck guys.

Thanks! I will too! Hopefully they will contact us next week with something no matter the decision.

I guess next week will be the deciding factor. Mrs. Watkins said that we should have been contacted about something last week, or this upcoming week. If I hear anything I'll let everyone know. Good luck guys.
Did she sound encoraging about next week? Or like that meant we didn't get in

Did she sound encoraging about next week? Or like that meant we didn't get in
She was somewhat optimistic. She said that it takes them a while to call each person etc... I would call tomorrow to see if they have any information, but I don't want to be a pest lol.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? I want to see if I have a shot of an acceptance call/email lol.
Sorry this has taken so long!! My stats are:
GPA: 3.4
Observation hours: ~200, all volunteer at 3 very different free-standing clinics and a nursing home (I have more of a variety than quantity)
GRE: 300 (I took it cold turkey, no studying. I absolutely should not have done that. I could have done WAY better with just a bit of preparation)
I have a ton of extracurriculars as well.
Need to know anything else?

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry this has taken so long!! My stats are:
GPA: 3.4
Observation hours: ~200, all volunteer at 3 very different free-standing clinics and a nursing home (I have more of a variety than quantity)
GRE: 300 (I took it cold turkey, no studying. I absolutely should not have done that. I could have done WAY better with just a bit of preparation)
I have a ton of extracurriculars as well.
Need to know anything else?
No rush! I've got one question. How long did they give you to decide on the phone. I'm just making sure that I got all of my information correct. Or did they tell you how many they had accepted? We have similar stats though. Congratulations.

Well, I immediately accepted on the phone, so I'm not sure. ASU was my top choice besides UAB. When I accepted, they said they would be mailing an official letter soon! And thank you btw!! I hope you get accepted!