Alabama status question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

needa20

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called Alabama to make sure they have my complete app because i had no confirmation or AADSAS updats since app was sent about 2 months ago.

I am not holding my breath for an interview there because they accept so few out of state applicants, but was hoping...

I person i spoke to said app was complete and it is "pending"...
and I asked if I should expect to receive updates email, aadsas, or mail.

she said I will receive regular mail...

1. So any guess what "pending" means?

2. those of you how have gotten interviewed, or rejected, did it only come by regular mail?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

pending probably means that your file is in the 'stack' to be reviewed when the admissions committee meets again, I talked to Cindy in the alabama admissions office last thursday (the 9th) and I think she told me the committee isn't meeting this week... Sooo I guess they meet periodically and make the decisions on the applications they have at that time. I haven't recieved any updates of any kind, not aadsas, email, or regular mail... They had my complete app early, then i was put on hold waiting for a new DAT score. Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you receive a secondary? They take the number of applications they have and select a very select few to send secondaries to. Then, from the people they set secondaries back from, they select people to interview. UAB does not interview that many people. I know for a fact that they have had two "out of state" interview days. When I was there, there were only out of state people. I think the above person is incorrect. When they interview people, the entire committee meets and interviews the person at the same time. If I understand their process well enough from their explanations, they decide on applicants the same day that they interview them. They may change this later to only accept their quota but this seems to be the process.

Good luck!

Did you receive a secondary? They take the number of applications they have and select a very select few to send secondaries to. Then, from the people they set secondaries back from, they select people to interview. UAB does not interview that many people. I know for a fact that they have had two "out of state" interview days. When I was there, there were only out of state people. I think the above person is incorrect. When they interview people, the entire committee meets and interviews the person at the same time. If I understand their process well enough from their explanations, they decide on applicants the same day that they interview them. They may change this later to only accept their quota but this seems to be the process.

Good luck!
I'm bumping this year old thread for some help. I just received a secondary from Alabama and am out of state with average numbers. I applied there b/c although my numbers are not amazing, I feel like Alabama would be good fit for me and I am very confident in the rest of my application. My question is, why have I received the supplementary so late when my AADSAS app. was mailed out 7/24. It's now November 16th and I am sure they try to fill their class early. My numbers are not that competitive, especially for an out of stater. Will I be wasting 75$ on the supplementary or does this mean they are interested in me?

A secondary means they are definitely interested in you. The question you need to ask yourself...are they worth the $75 dollars to me to ensure I have a chance?

Best of luck! Anymore questions..email me at [email protected]

A secondary means they are definitely interested in you. The question you need to ask yourself...are they worth the $75 dollars to me to ensure I have a chance?

Best of luck! Anymore questions..email me at [email protected]
Thanks David. I sent it in. $75 was definitely worth their consideration. I'd would have been dumb not to. Nothing hurts your chances more than withdrawing your application :D