Alarmed by Important Observation (Humorous - I Think)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wannabeplumber

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tallied all the II's that were given out on the first week of November from all schools the last two years, and this year there seems to be a 12.695% decrease. Does this mean that I have a 12.695% lesser chance of getting in? Help!!!!

Your all laughing, but when you have no II's that how you feel sometimes.

No, I didn't actually count.

But I would if I had time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There's also a higher volume of applications this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's taking longer to review them.

I tallied all the II's that were given out on the first week of November from all schools the last two years, and this year there seems to be a 12.695% decrease. Does this mean that I have a 12.695% lesser chance of getting in?.

That's not how the statistics of an application cycle work.

You also have to take into consideration there were numerous technical problems in the application cycle last year that delayed the process significantly. That plus the natural increase in applicants every year and you complicate things much further than "# of interview invites per particular month."

If you applied in July and have yet to receive an interview it may be a pretty good indication that you may not receive one at all, though. On top of that, not getting in the first time around certainly isn't a death sentence, as long as you continue to build your application.