How important is submitting on the first day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schrodingers_box

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
For context I qualify for the Fee Assistance Program. However they need my parent's 1040 before I can get it. The place where my parent's do their taxes has been crazy backed up, and I don't know when I'll get the 1040. If it does get to me a little late and I submit my primary mid-June is this a big deal? Sorry if I'm being neurotic just wanted to get some opinions on the importance of submitting super early. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

For context I qualify for the Fee Assistance Program. However they need my parent's 1040 before I can get it. The place where my parent's do their taxes has been crazy backed up, and I don't know when I'll get the 1040. If it does get to me a little late and I submit my primary mid-June is this a big deal? Sorry if I'm being neurotic just wanted to get some opinions on the importance of submitting super early. Thanks.
It’s more important to wait for the FAP because you should use it to submit, not only the primary but the fee for each school.

Reactions: 4 users
I agree. The FAP is much more important to secure before applying or taking the MCAT or PREview exam. It saves you a LOT of money, which is more important than submitting an application without it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also everyone applying for FAP, READ everything. Scroll down to the part about benefits of the FAP NOT being retroactive.
That means that if you get impatient and submit your AMCAS application before you get your notice about your FAP eligibility, you won't be able to use the fee waiver on your 20 MD schools.
What Are the Benefits of the Fee Assistance Program?

Reactions: 2 users
Quick question to build off of this: Is submitting secondaries the minute you receive them a bad look for medical schools, such as submitting them an hour after I received them?

I know many schools within my state have secondaries that have been the same year after year so I am beginning to pre-write mine, but I have no idea how this would look if I were to do that. Should I wait a few days after receiving the secondaries before submitting them or is it okay to submit them within an hour time frame?

Quick question to build off of this: Is submitting secondaries the minute you receive them a bad look for medical schools, such as submitting them an hour after I received them?

I know many schools within my state have secondaries that have been the same year after year so I am beginning to pre-write mine, but I have no idea how this would look if I were to do that. Should I wait a few days after receiving the secondaries before submitting them or is it okay to submit them within an hour time frame?
As long as you read the new prompts word by word to make sure you are answering the question, turn them in when you are ready.
I have only seen 3 Texas secondaries so far and there are some differences in each compared to last year’s.

Reactions: 2 users
Applications are not processed by receipt in chronological order.

Reactions: 1 users
Read this:

Reactions: 3 users