Albany College of Pharmacy (ACPHS) Colchester, VT Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maximum404

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since we are getting rolling here in this year's application cycle and the Early Decision for VT is this week I was hoping to get those VT hopefuls of you together here. I am a Naval Officer and VT native looking to move back up there with the wifey. I have talked with ACPHS VT and a few students and visited the campus so I have a decent idea of the place and hope to share info with others and learn a bit too. Let's hear from some future VTers!

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to bump this one. Where are the rest of you VTers? My app was accepted today for processing, but I doubt I'll hear anything before DEC due to the OCT PCAT. So...who else is applying here?

I am going to bump this one. Where are the rest of you VTers? My app was accepted today for processing, but I doubt I'll hear anything before DEC due to the OCT PCAT. So...who else is applying here?

Hello,

Just got an interview at VT campus for Dec 2 /3... Haven't Decided yet but did any one else get the same days?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
They won't get my PCAT until DEC 6th, so I probably won't interview until January.

Hello,

Just got an interview at VT campus for Dec 2 /3... Haven't Decided yet but did any one else get the same days?

Thanks

I stupidly applied to the Albany campus... But I see they pretty much don't take transfers. Mostly only there current undergrad "pre-pharm" students. I guess things have changed since 2 of my friends graduated from ACPHS a few years ago.

I doubt I'll even hear from Albany, but they did willingly take my $100 supplemental application.

What was the VT campus like?

I applied here but I havent submitted the secondary app, just because of the 100$ fee. Thats the cost for two secondaries!

I am from Vermont and love the area quite a bit. The campus is composed of a single building in the first three floors. The tenant on the 4th floor will be moving out either this year or next when the lease is up and the building with then be owned entirely by the school. The facilities are nice and new and the faculty that I spoke with were great and enthusiastic. The students there loved it. I was there in the summer and there were student working in the labs which looked well-kept. Overall I was impressed and look forward to the chance to go there.

Plus, Burlington is a great city.

I stupidly applied to the Albany campus... But I see they pretty much don't take transfers. Mostly only there current undergrad "pre-pharm" students. I guess things have changed since 2 of my friends graduated from ACPHS a few years ago.

I doubt I'll even hear from Albany, but they did willingly take my $100 supplemental application.

What was the VT campus like?
wow, on the virtual pharmacy I asked Donna if I should apply to Albany campus, and she said they dont accept transfers... I did this because I read about the new Vermont campus on newpaper, which stated like 1000 + were applying to both campuses. The supplemental wasnt attractive to me.
@jack rabbit I did the same thing last year :(

wow, on the virtual pharmacy I asked Donna if I should apply to Albany campus, and she said they dont accept transfers... I did this because I read about the new Vermont campus on newpaper, which stated like 1000 + were applying to both campuses. The supplemental wasnt attractive to me.
@jack rabbit I did the same thing last year :(

I know ACPHS has a great reputation, but I'm not so sure about the VT campus. Anytime sometimes is called a "Satellite" campus, it makes me think distance learning with lectures pipped in from the main campus. I may be jumping to huge conclusions. But point being I wasn't interested in going to VT anyway lol.

Yeah kinda pissed Albany even takes my money, but o well. My fault. You never know. I just don't get it, a few years back 2 of my friends both transferred there from FL, 1 had a BA or BS, not sure. The other was like 1 semester short of her BS. So it's not like the even transferred to the pre-professional and then when P1, they went into P1.

Just got the interview invite for ACPHS-VT. Its battling out for #2 on my list. We'll see how this goes! Anyone else hear anything?

I was somewhat interested in Albany. What I worry about most is their higher attriction rates. I know it's because it's more of a 0-6 school, but does anyone else worry about it? I have a friend there who had to repeat a year so I really can only go by him.

I just got an interview invite yesterday as well, for January.

I was invited the other day for an interview in January. I will be going up on the 7th, pretty interested to see what they have in store. Just was accepted into D'Youville today so it should be nice to actually compare the two!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey on my pharmcas application i selected Albany campus but now I just found out there is barley any chance getting accepted there so i wanted to know on my supplementary application can I just check off VT campus even if i didnt put it on my pharmcas?

Hey on my pharmcas application i selected Albany campus but now I just found out there is barley any chance getting accepted there so i wanted to know on my supplementary application can I just check off VT campus even if i didnt put it on my pharmcas?

Best thing to do is call the admission office...good luck!:luck:

I am applying there late in the cycle I was wondering what people have heard about it. Also if they know if its close to filled already. I know last year they accepted people in april, Im not sure how many apps they get there.

hey guys

so i applied there early november and havent heard back from them yet.

i was wondering for those that got interviews when they submitted their applications.

just received e-mail confirmation of my acceptance into ACPHS

I was invited the other day for an interview in January. I will be going up on the 7th, pretty interested to see what they have in store. Just was accepted into D'Youville today so it should be nice to actually compare the two!

Hey I noticed you got accepted at D'Youville and ACPHS. I got accepted into both as well and am trying to decide where to go. I really liked both campuses but D'Youville scares me a little since it's so new. How did you compare the two?

Hello,
For those of who got accepted to ACPHS. How long did you it take you to hear back from the school after the interview?
My interview was last Friday, Feb 18... and I'm anxiously waiting :(

Just got an interview with Albany vermont going this friday! Who else is going and also does anyone know what kind of questions they ask?

Hello,
For those of who got accepted to ACPHS. How long did you it take you to hear back from the school after the interview?
My interview was last Friday, Feb 18... and I'm anxiously waiting :(

a little over 2 weeks

Does anyone else have a interview on march 24th or 25th or a later date?

how was the interviews what kind of questions do they ask and how is the writitng section?

How did everyone feel about the interview and the day at Vermont that got an invite? I thought it was quite relaxed and they did a great job there.

i have an interview on april 28. wondering what is the best way from airport to school? i saw that a hampton inn was nearby. walking distance?? any other places to stay?

i have an interview on april 28. wondering what is the best way from airport to school? i saw that a hampton inn was nearby. walking distance?? any other places to stay?

Hampton Inn charged me $85/night. That's the discount price for ACPHS. They have nice room, great service, free wifi, coffee available all day & complimentary breakfast. They have shuttle to pick you up from airport & drive you to ACPHS. i think the inn is only 0.5 mile from the campus. :thumbup:

Just got accepted...Great faculty everyone is really nice...Goodluck on everything its relaxed atmosphere dont stress about it

Just got accepted...Great faculty everyone is really nice...Goodluck on everything its relaxed atmosphere dont stress about it

I agree. All the faculty were really nice and it felt more of a conversation between me and the interviewers rather than a formal interview. I interviewed last week and got my acceptance email yesterday (about 4 days). Best of luck to those interviewing in April and Congrats to those that already have been accepted! I look forward to meeting/seeing you all in the FALL!!!

I heard the Hampton Inn has a shuttle service to and from the airport and also to and from the school. It is walking distance from the Hampton (less than a mile) but the walk is all UPHILL, so I don't imagine one would want to walk there in their formal clothes. Best of luck to ya!

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook Group for the ACPHS-VT Class of 2015? Just wondering :D

When did you get your e-mail for the interview invite?

I'm starting to get worried. I e-submitted my application March 1st (last possible day), I only got an e-mail March 20 something that it was received and complete and that they would begin reviewing my application shortly, but I hope it's just taking them really long because my transcripts are foreign and they have to analyze everything themselves since PharmCAS won't do it.

i just booked a night at the hampton inn. $100 is their discount rate :(

Yeahh got accepted was going to make a facebook group? Should I still make one? It would be great if we knew each other!!!

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook Group for the ACPHS-VT Class of 2015? Just wondering :D

There is a facebook group please join :) all of you guys it would be great to know you guys before school starts

interviewed on april 7th & got my invite through email on the 14th!! excited to meet everyone else that is accepted too :love:

Did anyone get accepted to Albany Campus?

Last edited: