Albany College of Pharmacy vs. Midwestern Univ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stu0513

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just got accepted into both schools and am having a very hard time on deciding which one to go. I have heard how the curriculum at ACP is a lot harder, and I heard students at MWU-CCP are not much stressed compared to students at ACP. Of course, I can't really compare them because I don't know anyone personally that has gone to both schools. I am very concerned about the difficulty of the curriculum because I want to enjoy my college life rather than just staring at the books all day long.

My point of view: I am currently living very close to Albany, so ACP would be a good choice for me. However, I've heard horrors about students over there failing out, and that includes transfer students (I know they have a 6 year program). I've also talked to the registrar and they have the rudest attitude ever. On the other hand, the admissions was very nice.

I have known nothing about MWU-CCP. I went to the interview, but that didn't really tell me much info about the school. Those of you who actually went to one of those schools, do you mind posting feedbacks about them? I have to make a decision in three days, so I really need your help.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I would go to MWU-CCP just cuz it's close to the city. I know nothing about the actual schools though

I can tell you that Midwestern, in my opinion is a good school. Not sure how much of a difference between the chicago one and glendale ones though. Request some information. One of the things i was told by my friends is that the professors are ALWAYS available to help you and respond quickly to emails.

Just thought I'd throw in some info for you.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think Albany is on probation. You should check its accreditation.

Currently I am student at ACP. I would pick the other because I can tell you that everyone is usually stressed and also the attrition rate is pretty high even in the professional years.

I visited ACP. It's an incredibly small school and it seem kinda boring (not too many frats, not too many campus organizations, city seems kinda dead, not good public transportation to get to the city).

lol, there are frats but they are nearly all on probabtion or restricted.

lol, there are frats but they are nearly all on probabtion or restricted.

Wow, from your posts it seems like you actually dislike your college more than I dislike mine (USP). Makes me feel better about my college choices.