Albany college of pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bebu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted here? What are pros/cons of this school? :confused: Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

bebu said:
Has anyone been accepted here? What are pros/cons of this school? :confused: Thanks

Hi bebe. I recently decided to go to ACP, and I was wondering the same things. Are you also planning on going there? :)

Hi, im a current ACP student. I am in the accelerated program and this fall will be my second year here. I enjoy the program, i have some really great classmates too. Though classmates depend upon the students that apply, i have found the accelerated students to be a bit older and more mature which is nice. Im assuming you are planning on the accelerated program. Its really not that bad to be in school year round and during the summer its nice because they are so few people on campus and the lectures are smaller. As far as pros and cons, i dont really know. ACP was my first choice for its location. Some pros to the accelerated class is that there will probably be 50-60 students starting, everyone is new here and its not that hard to make friends. The curriculum is reasonably paced. The summer courses are at a pretty fast pace, but its ok because you just have to stay on top of the material and you will be fine. The teachers are friendly and encourage questions and coming to office hours. The campus is updating its technology and some of the lecture centers have wireless internet including the library. New students will purchase a tablet pc, which makes taking notes on the comp very easy and paperless. The library is a bit small, but they are currently building a new student center, so that should help a bit. There are alot of students here and it can get crowded. The campus apartments are pretty nice, though cheap apartments can be found in Albany. One negative is that since there are the regular, non accelerated and accelerated students taking courses together, the lecture rooms are rather large. Also, i guess you could say there is a little attitude difference between the regular and accelerated students. This is probably due to the age difference of the students. Many accelerated are over 23, while the regular students that you start with are 3rd year students ~20~21. Im sure there is more to talk about, but ive got to study for my next final. When will you be starting ACP, this summer? I think im the only ACP student on this board, there are alot of students from the west coast it seems. Well when you are here maybe we can meet up and i can show you around and things, i think there might be some other potential ACP students lurking on here as well.
Congratulations,
Andrea

dontworry said:
Hi, im a current ACP student. I am in the accelerated program and this fall will be my second year here. I enjoy the program, i have some really great classmates too. Though classmates depend upon the students that apply, i have found the accelerated students to be a bit older and more mature which is nice. Im assuming you are planning on the accelerated program. Its really not that bad to be in school year round and during the summer its nice because they are so few people on campus and the lectures are smaller. As far as pros and cons, i dont really know. ACP was my first choice for its location. Some pros to the accelerated class is that there will probably be 50-60 students starting, everyone is new here and its not that hard to make friends. The curriculum is reasonably paced. The summer courses are at a pretty fast pace, but its ok because you just have to stay on top of the material and you will be fine. The teachers are friendly and encourage questions and coming to office hours. The campus is updating its technology and some of the lecture centers have wireless internet including the library. New students will purchase a tablet pc, which makes taking notes on the comp very easy and paperless. The library is a bit small, but they are currently building a new student center, so that should help a bit. There are alot of students here and it can get crowded. The campus apartments are pretty nice, though cheap apartments can be found in Albany. One negative is that since there are the regular, non accelerated and accelerated students taking courses together, the lecture rooms are rather large. Also, i guess you could say there is a little attitude difference between the regular and accelerated students. This is probably due to the age difference of the students. Many accelerated are over 23, while the regular students that you start with are 3rd year students ~20~21. Im sure there is more to talk about, but ive got to study for my next final. When will you be starting ACP, this summer? I think im the only ACP student on this board, there are alot of students from the west coast it seems. Well when you are here maybe we can meet up and i can show you around and things, i think there might be some other potential ACP students lurking on here as well.
Congratulations,
Andrea

Thanks for your response. That sounds really encouraging. Yes I applied for the accelerated program. I need the shortest program that they can offer. I may have several more questions to ask you later if you don't mind. Good luck on your finals. Thanks again.