Albany College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RLK

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied or know anyone who's applied to Albany College of Pharmacy? I noticed that they do not require pcat scores or letters of recomendation. I'm not too sure what they go by - I guess it must be mostly on your GPA. I was just curious if anyone applied there or knew anyone that did and the outcome.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

RLK said:
Has anyone applied or know anyone who's applied to Albany College of Pharmacy? I noticed that they do not require pcat scores or letters of recomendation. I'm not too sure what they go by - I guess it must be mostly on your GPA. I was just curious if anyone applied there or knew anyone that did and the outcome.

Thanks

Albany mostly looks at your GPA. Their average GPA last year was 3.8. They'll consider your application if your GPA is above 3.0. You'll most likely get in if your GPA is 3.6 and above. Mine was a 3.4; I applied last year, but was rejected. I'm not sure if it makes any different if you have had a degree....

hope that helps!

Mindy510 said:
Albany mostly looks at your GPA. Their average GPA last year was 3.8. They'll consider your application if your GPA is above 3.0. You'll most likely get in if your GPA is 3.6 and above. Mine was a 3.4; I applied last year, but was rejected. I'm not sure if it makes any different if you have had a degree....

hope that helps!

Thanks. Wow, 3.8 average GPA is pretty high. My science pre-req GPA is 3.36 so I might not even apply there now. I was going to apply there for Early Decision. I still might do that because even if I get rejected, I'll still be able to apply to other schools after I get rejected. Thanks for your help.

RLK said:
Thanks. Wow, 3.8 average GPA is pretty high. My science pre-req GPA is 3.36 so I might not even apply there now. I was going to apply there for Early Decision. I still might do that because even if I get rejected, I'll still be able to apply to other schools after I get rejected. Thanks for your help.

You should try Palm Beach Atlantic University! They're normally pretty considerate and you can't be the location/atmosphere. For my undergraduate I've been to some four schools and I'm so glad I finally settled on PBAU. Since I've got to Catholic/private school my entire life, the school felt just like home. I love it! :love: