ALBANY secondary Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed786

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Albany's secondary says "If selected for an Interview, what one life experience would you most like to talk about.?"

I know this should be a no brainer....but I'm confused on how to approach this...should I talk about academic stuff...or medical stuff...or is it a way for them to figure out who you are socially....so like maybe a vacation or great experience??

Thanks guys for your feedback in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

What you want to talk about is something that is a big part of your life that you haven't been able to spend a lot of time on in other parts of your application.

but if it is a strong part of your application and your wrote about it in your PS, a 1 page personal statement is nothing compared to having them hear about this experience directly from your mouth.

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree with jlee -- i wrote a good hunk of my ps about my year abroad and i put that down as interview fodder as well -- with some experiences you cant discuss them in full detail through the application. id say go with something youre passionate about and have a strong interest/enjoyment - when interviewed, they will see your sincerity and such and it will make you look that much better

I would steer away from academic experiences - we (med school applicants) have all had pretty much the same academic experiences, so what can you say that will differentiate you from the 5000 other applicants?

try to talk about something unique to you. Maybe a sport, hobby, an interesting volunteer experience, or somewhere you traveled to.

My experience is that whatever you put is in fact rarely actually discussed at the interview. The admissions staff might disagree with me, but I'd recommend using this as an opportunity to raise something about yourself NOT otherwise addressed in your application materials.

Most interviewers here have thier own stock approach to the interview, and contrary to the impression this question gives, they are not going to forgo that approach in favor of discussing a given focus of your application just because you want to.