ALBANY Secondary???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ExKitty Doctor

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received a secondary from Albany yet? Are they just super slow?

Members don't see this ad.

it takes a while. mine took at least 1.5 weeks, possibly 2.

I received one on 8/4 when my primary was verified 7/20.

But I know they are pretty bogged down because I submitted my letters and secondary the same day and they still haven't marked it as complete on the status site. I had to email them to get them to tell me that.

But I wouldn't worry about it - there wasn't even an essay - it will take you 2 seconds. Send your LORs now maybe?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received one on 8/4 when my primary was verified 7/20.

But I know they are pretty bogged down because I submitted my letters and secondary the same day and they still haven't marked it as complete on the status site. I had to email them to get them to tell me that.

But I wouldn't worry about it - there wasn't even an essay - it will take you 2 seconds. Send your LORs now maybe?

...no essay? ...that's not what the secondary questions thread says... is the thread wrong?? have i been working on this essay for days for nothing??

thanks for the info guys, i was verified a month ago so im a little worried. ill give them a call tomorrow to see whats up..:thumbup:

...no essay? ...that's not what the secondary questions thread says... is the thread wrong?? have i been working on this essay for days for nothing??

My bad. But they're not big essays.

Describe yourself.
and
If selected for an interview, what one life experience would you most like to talk about?

But you are severely limited on space so I wouldn't even consider them essays.

My bad. But they're not big essays.

Describe yourself.
and
If selected for an interview, what one life experience would you most like to talk about?

But you are severely limited on space so I wouldn't even consider them essays.

Whew, thanks for clearing that up :) I've been kicking myself over the describe yourself one - It keeps sounding like a bad personal ad! Wanted to make sure it wasn't all for nothing!

hahah sunflwr... im 5'7", blue eyes, loves long walks on the beach and tattoos..

I've also been verified for almost a month now, and no Albany secondary. It's the last one for me.

A few of us felt passed up for secondaries about 3 weeks ago - after most other verified people were emailed a PIN number. I emailed them for an update and they wrote that they had already sent me the login info. I remember someone else posting this happened to them as well. If it has been a long time since you were verified and you still have no secondary I'd write to them.

Has anyone who completed and submitted their Albany secondary recieved notification of a complete app? I submitted over two weeks ago and the website still says that my LORs have not been recieved.

Has anyone who completed and submitted their Albany secondary recieved notification of a complete app? I submitted over two weeks ago and the website still says that my LORs have not been recieved.

it took them a month after sending in everything for mine to be complete. They're super slow. I tried calling and you have to go through an automated system, then when i tried to get a person it just gave me someone's voice mail. Best bet is to be patient, i'd give them another week or 2.