Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Albany vs New York Medical ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CaliMed, Dec 29, 2001.

1. CaliMed

CaliMed Member

I need some advice. I live on the west coast and would like to know which of these schools would be best if accepted. Best area and/or best reputation. Appreciate your advice.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member

I am no expert on NY, but I would go to NYMC b/c they have reputation for high board scores, which will probably weigh a lot in what residency you get and where. Albany feels more 'homey' and friendly, but it depends what kind of student you want to be; as far as location, it probably does not matter much--cold either way! correct me if i am wrong, i am just speculating.

4. Werry

Werry Member

Without a doubt, NYMED is the superior school.

5. none

none 1K Member

Between Finch and Albany? It's quite annoying that ranking stops at around the top 50 or so.

6. Werry

Werry Member

7. Maple

Well...between Albany and Finch..I might choose Finch! I will be there in a couple of weeks so will have something solid to base my opinion on. but...what turned me off abour Albany was the city..I like wide open spaces..and Albany seemed really closed in..and crowded. Still..people are great and their reputation is better then Finch.