Albany vs New York Medical ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliMed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some advice. I live on the west coast and would like to know which of these schools would be best if accepted. Best area and/or best reputation. Appreciate your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I am no expert on NY, but I would go to NYMC b/c they have reputation for high board scores, which will probably weigh a lot in what residency you get and where. Albany feels more 'homey' and friendly, but it depends what kind of student you want to be; as far as location, it probably does not matter much--cold either way! correct me if i am wrong, i am just speculating.

Without a doubt, NYMED is the superior school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Between Finch and Albany? It's quite annoying that ranking stops at around the top 50 or so.

Well...between Albany and Finch..I might choose Finch! I will be there in a couple of weeks so will have something solid to base my opinion on. but...what turned me off abour Albany was the city..I like wide open spaces..and Albany seemed really closed in..and crowded. Still..people are great and their reputation is better then Finch.