Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Albert Einstein Class 2006

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Island Gal, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Island Gal

Island Gal Junior Member

Hi just wanted to see if there were any fellow members of the Einstein class of 2006.

Also could you tell me if you are planning to attend the 2 week biochem course?

2. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Welcome to SDN and hi from a fellow "blue jay."

I will be a MS-1 at AE this fall. Already signed the loan, sent my housing deposit, and completed the paperwork, so I can't go anywhere else :) !

I will not be doing the 2 week prep-course, I've already had Biochem, Cell Bio, and did research for two years in microbio. In addition, I was told the material you learn won't be used until November or December, so it's really just to get you acquainted to the area and the students. (I'm going to a wedding the 4th and the thought of class on the 5th was awful!)

Looking forward to meeting you in the fall!

3. Island Gal

Island Gal Junior Member

Hi DK,
    I also heard that about the biochem course... i am gonna do it though because i like the idea of moving in earlier and getting aquainted with the school students professors and the bronx. Have you recieved anything from housing as yet?

4. Island Gal

Island Gal Junior Member

Hey i just noticed that you are also a Hopkins grad... thats cool... i graduated in 2000 .. but maybe we know each other. What did you do for the year that you were out? work? I worked... tried to dabble in the stockmarket as a financial advisor/stockbroker.... (i emphasize the TRIED part ---> have you seen the market lately? awful!!!!) I also thought that i could make some money to help pay for medical school... boy was i wrong...

It does not pay to take risk :-(

5. Droopy

Droopy Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    i'm heading to einstein this fall. i am also going to be taking the biochem course. moving in a month early was worth the two weeks of study (besides, i've been out of school for 6 years so i am a little rusty at the studying thing). i called the housing office and they gave me my address so at least i know where i'll be moving to this august.
    see you there.
    droopy

6. Island Gal

Island Gal Junior Member

Hi Droopy,

I thought the exact same thing about the biochem course. i definately like the idea of being able to move in early and get aquainted. So did you actually recieve official word from the housing office or did you call? I called and they would not give me any information over the phone.. they said that they were still placing the biochem people. :rolleyes: