Aldosterone and ADH

Started by Chunkle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chunkle

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that ADH increases aquaporins in collecting duct, so more water reabs, increased BP and filtration rate, more concentrated urine.

I also know that Aldosterone causes distal to increase sodium uptake, and water follows as a result, so increasing BP and filtration rate.

What if a question has to do with urine solute concentration and these two hormones, will both cause a concentration of urine? Aldosterone takes in water as a second effect of sodium, so does it dilute urine or concentrate it.

EDIT: Sorry, just realized I posted this in the wrong section
 
I know that ADH increases aquaporins in collecting duct, so more water reabs, increased BP and filtration rate, more concentrated urine.

I also know that Aldosterone causes distal to increase sodium uptake, and water follows as a result, so increasing BP and filtration rate.

What if a question has to do with urine solute concentration and these two hormones, will both cause a concentration of urine? Aldosterone takes in water as a second effect of sodium, so does it dilute urine or concentrate it.

EDIT: Sorry, just realized I posted this in the wrong section

Aldosterone causes the urine to be more concentrated.
 
urine is more than just sodium and water. So if aldosterone is causing reabsorpiton of sodium and thus water, then the urine should be getting more concentrated since less water is present in it.