High CARS inconsistent everything else. How to improve chem/phys and BB?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maple_stone104

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I've been getting high cars, 128-130 on a few FL's, but I'm very stuck on how to improve with my last few weeks.

I keep hearing UWorld, AAMC, practice questions. I've done a good amount of that with no significant improvements. Too late for more Uworld anyways.

What does a high cars indicate? I'm confident I can improve P/S, but I'm confused on the others.

I am hearing "fix your content", "uworld" "anki" and "no, do practice questions" (has only helped slightly and time is running out)

My intuition is telling me close out strong with anki and look up content im unsure of, because I know how to reason through text. I'm confused.
Edit: I should note I get exam fatigue and I do fine on time for mostly everything except Chem physics.
 
Most people have the opposite problem where they struggle with CARS, so I think you're in a good position in the sense it's harder to improve CARS than the other sections.

For the other sections, it depends how much time do you have remaining? If you have only a few weeks, I would close out Anki and look up content you're unsure of. But if you have longer than that, your strategy will change. Also how are you scoring on the other sections on AAMC FLs?
 
Most people have the opposite problem where they struggle with CARS, so I think you're in a good position in the sense it's harder to improve CARS than the other sections.

For the other sections, it depends how much time do you have remaining? If you have only a few weeks, I would close out Anki and look up content you're unsure of. But if you have longer than that, your strategy will change. Also how are you scoring on the other sections on AAMC FLs?
Like the 126-128 range generally on the other ones, I got 130 on my recent P/S one. I got 129 on BB before and max was 127 on CP, but the issue is it's fallen. It could be due to fatigue or not staying consistent with Anki.
I only have a few weeks. I suppose I could just close out with Anki and AAMC materials as best as I can.