Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Algebra based physics

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by b-real, Feb 27, 2002.

1. b-real

b-real What, me worry?

Attending Physician
    Hey all, I need a little help from the experienced people who applied to the Texas schools. On the TMDSAS website, the physics requirement is stated as:

"ONE YEAR AS REQUIRED FOR SCIENCE MAJORS INCLUDING FULL YEAR OF CORRESPONDING LABORATORY EXPERIENCE. Minimum of 8 semester credit hours, including lab, (6 hours lecture and 2 hours lab) required. Must have grade of C or better...

Includes all physics courses applied toward Baccalaureate degree in any traditional science field.

Courses for non-science majors or health career majors (Nursing, Pharmacy or Allied Health Sciences) ARE NOT ACCEPTED."

Has anyone gotten around this requirement, taking algebra-based physics? I don't think my school, UT Austin, offers algebra-based physics that are for pre-meds (only the calc-based physics is described as being for pre-meds, dents, etc...). Nevertheless, I'll check with the advisors, but I'm just wondering if this requirement for calc-based physics is set in stone. The reason I'm asking is because I placed out of calc and it will have been a couple of years since I've taken it.

Any advice, hints, experiences are welcome and appreciated. Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FLY

FLY Senior Member

Calc based physics is not that harder than algebra based physics and most of the Calc concepts used in that class are very basic calculus. And if you are little Calc minded, then it is even easier for you.