Algorithm for successful GI MATCH

Started by MagsBudz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MagsBudz

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am starting an IM residency program in a big university program. I am 100% sure that I want to pursue a GI fellowship. I want to be able to hit the ground running right away and was wondering if there is any advice that you guys have to a successful GI match.

also- if you can answer any of the following questions:

- does Step III matter in GI match?
- do abstracts mean the same as a completed project?
- how/when did you start doing GI related research?
- how to do you go about getting strong letters?
- what is the average amount of applicants per GI spot in match?
😎
Thank you so much.
Any advice will be helpful.